• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Discussion 2023/24

Got consider unfortunately that far back climate change …. Don’t shoot me lol thing s r little different with the climate these days
What is the acceptable cutoff for 2024? I see people refer back to prior analogs often and wonder if there is a “stopping point” based on current knowledge?

I say 2010 because everything was better before then.
So are you forgetting just how bad the early 90s were? What about the period from 2005 to 2008? Heck the late 90s weren’t exactly anything to write home about either. There have been a few good winters since 2010 despite how horrible the last few years have been… 2010-2011, 2013-14, 2014-15, and 2017-18. Just two years ago I had 3 straight weekends in January with at least an inch of snow.

So are you forgetting just how bad the early 90s were? What about the period from 2005 to 2008? Heck the late 90s weren’t exactly anything to write home about either. There have been a few good winters since 2010 despite how horrible the last few years have been… 2010-2011, 2013-14, 2014-15, and 2017-18. Just two years ago I had 3 straight weekends in January with at least an inch of snow.
Yesh, but pop culture has sucked since then.

Hey guys. Can someone send me a link to Anthony Masiello's twitter account. The old one I have is back in August last year. I can't find the new one he has or where is most recent tweets are at.

Hey guys. Can someone send me a link to Anthony Masiello's twitter account. The old one I have is back in August last year. I can't find the new one he has or where is most recent tweets are at.
I believe that post he made is on a different social media

Big diffetences in canadian op verse gfs op once you get 8 days out. Heres canadian starting following weekend. Gfs is ugly with a se ridge

1704428681053.png
1704428813841.png

I'm gonna hang in there for wintry prospects until they lay me in the coffin

This is loop of Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan runs of Euro Seasonal for February. Somewhat interesting seeing the trend of lower latitude Aleutian Low for February on Euro Seasonal....i.e. could facilitate a low latitude storm track (Cali/Baja into TX). +PNA/-EPO

RivSMfg.gif

Alternate single image for Feb:

LinXK0F.png

Back