• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Discussion 2023/24

Another episode of As The Vortex Turns:
ps2png-worker-commands-64f9dd744-nmvgt-6fe5cac1a363ec1525f54343b6cc9fd8-qKdpfm.png

The Odd positive spike for the last week of December followed by a sharp downturn is new. What to make of it? I have no idea.

Hopefully it will help lay down some snow cover up north because we're dead in the water without snow cover.
The one good thing we have going for us in that department is the fact that eastern Canada is holding on to its snowpack fairly well. If we can get that TPV to set up over Baffin Bay and press south, it would definitely help out with the lack of snow cover in the US. Looking back, that’s actually what happened in early January 2002 as after that storm was over ATL, GSP, CLT, GSO, and RDU all had higher season to date snowfall than Chicago and Minneapolis. The other good thing about the PV in that location is that it often sets up a series of clippers that can quickly build up snow cover in the northern tier.

The one good thing we have going for us in that department is the fact that eastern Canada is holding on to its snowpack fairly well. If we can get that TPV to set up over Baffin Bay and press south, it would definitely help out with the lack of snow cover in the US. Looking back, that’s actually what happened in early January 2002 as after that storm was over ATL, GSP, CLT, GSO, and RDU all had higher season to date snowfall than Chicago and Minneapolis. The other good thing about the PV in that location is that it often sets up a series of clippers that can quickly build up snow cover in the northern tier.
I love clippers! 20:1 ratios! ⛄
Hope this pattern setting to bring y’all the goods, helps me get cold and snowy as well! Temps here are about 15-25 degrees above normal every day through Christmas! ?

Back