• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Discussion 2023/24

Here's tonight's GEFS Ext from Christmas Eve to Jan 6

AoBM26K.gif

Continuing to see hype about the Christmas timeframe here. This has been a consistent theme for a few weeks now

I'll believe it when I see it... I'm not even talking about cold the rain has mostly dried up even which is more disturbing to me. Everything in fantasy land that has looked promising goes poof so far

Continuing to see hype about the Christmas timeframe here. This has been a consistent theme for a few weeks now

I'll believe it when I see it... I'm not even talking about cold the rain has mostly dried up even which is more disturbing to me. Everything in fantasy land that has looked promising goes poof so far

Been like that for years now. I would be surprised if we get the rug pulled out from under us again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like we are gonna see some storms take the track we want for winter weather. I feel like we are already seeing that in the models. Question is will we ever get any cold to meet up with them?

No wonder it's been so quiet in here the last several days.

If you were hoping to see some snow before January, I honestly can't think of a crappier pattern than this one.
Plenty cold enough for cold rain, but nowhere near cold enough to snow.

Not surprised at all though, this is pretty in line w/ what I was saying in here earlier this week & is par for the course for big El Niños.

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-nhemi-z500_anom_1day-3484000.png

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-nhemi-z500_anom_1day-3376000.png

No wonder it's been so quiet in here the last several days.

If you were hoping to see some snow before January, I honestly can't think of a crappier pattern than this one.
Plenty cold enough for cold rain, but nowhere near cold enough to snow.

Not surprised at all though, this is pretty in line w/ what I was saying in here earlier this week & is par for the course for big El Niños.

View attachment 138418

View attachment 138419
Are you still expecting a flip to a pretty decent pattern beginning January?

Back