• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Discussion 2023/24

I know it's been mentioned quite a bit, but it will be until at least end of December before things change and that depends on progression of the mjo and we need a pacific reset somehow some way. December's really are notorious as being warm in niños. Alot of opinions at American Weather on how things evolve.
I'm not so sure the SE averages much if at all above normal for December when all is said and done. We'll go into the last third of the month slightly above after transient cool and warm periods and depending on how fast and intense the end-of-month cooldown begins will tell the tale.

Dec 5 - My thoughts on the upcoming weather pattern. Decided to go 10-30 day instead of 15-35 as I want to see the extended periods at least get into the regular ensemble range

VoNkoSj.png

Last edited:
I'm not so sure the SE averages much if at all above normal for December when all is said and done. We'll go into the last third of the month slightly above after transient cool and warm periods and depending on how fast and intense the end-of-month cooldown begins will tell the tale.
It would take a monumental cold period to negate this week for the total of December. Through four days KATL is +10.

Oh the optimism now. I thought winter was going to be a dumpster fire, straight heat and no possibility of winter weather because December has been normal!

Yall remember when we talked about that big high in Siberia? Cold high pressure diving into SE Asia is usually a good launching point for processes that lead to cold east of the Rockies (Today's Euro Weeklies here)

View attachment 138342
I think we would want to see it within 10-15 days out to feel more comfortable with it happening or moving up in time. I am hoping your correct.

Back