• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Goober gang checking in View attachment 134907
There are really not too many experiences better than standing in a deep snow out in the country, with new snow falling gently to the ground. It's a kind of quiet that is truly unique.

That is rivaled only by walking through the snow under a full moon -- hearing the unmistakable sound of footfalls as they crunch down upon the snow, seeing the majestic glow of the landscape, banishing darkness into the shadows, and watching as the snow shimmers and glistens under the full brilliance of the moon's light.

It really doesn't get much better than that.

There are really not too many experiences better than standing in a deep snow out in the country, with new snow falling gently to the ground. It's a kind of quiet that is truly unique.

That is rivaled only by walking through the snow under a full moon -- hearing the unmistakable sound of footfalls as they crunch down upon the snow, seeing the majestic glow of the landscape, banishing darkness into the shadows, and watching as the snow shimmers and glistens under the full brilliance of the moon's light.

One night stand with Sofia Vergara or walking in the snow?

LOL
cfs-mon_01_z500aMean_month_us_7.png

cfs-mon_01_T850aMean_month_us_7.png

I always miss the good stuff! My picture of the cloud, other reports and pictures of hail, not mine, but just to my SW3B42A39A-E6B2-4700-83CC-763BE5BA804B.jpeg12E38E25-8B75-4F60-B58D-C71C4236DBF4.jpegDB12AC4B-814B-4915-B5A5-C0155F48CF81.png9158A12C-C9A0-448E-97A4-DAFAC56D9DFF.png

My first backpacking trips was out the AT in the Smokies 20 something years ago. There was at least a foot of snow up top and it got down to about 7. It was a full moon and the experience of that with the snow in that boreal forest was something I'll never forget. The snow just sparkled.

My first backpacking trips was out the AT in the Smokies 20 something years ago. There was at least a foot of snow up top and it got down to about 7. It was a full moon and the experience of that with the snow in that boreal forest was something I'll never forget. The snow just sparkled.
That sounds awesome, I always walk in the snow at night

Maybe late to the party on this, but hells yeah!View attachment 134916
Can't wait here, but also worried it's going to be an absolute disappointment as all of the other follow-ups to old school classics have been in the past. The original Twister is still on my 'watch once a week' list.

IT'S THE WONDER OF NATURE BABY!

Hey guys I'm heading down to Wilson North Carolina for a job just wondering if any of y'all know where some good places to eat are.

Reactions: JJr
@WeatherNC sent me this via text hinting that a new fire has started south of jacksonvillle. Gonna be a smokey couple days in the eastner half of NC

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230421_173014_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230421_173014_Messages.jpg
    755.8 KB · Views: 12
Cool clouds in Iowa today! And had a heavy graupel shower as well!1B63EC42-AD4C-4908-83A2-1405D8C6E7D4.jpeg2848A28C-97F9-41FB-B66A-DACCB1045BCA.jpeg1211E9A0-E457-4B8D-8420-AABA781095E0.jpeg

Back