• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Well, here's some more long-range fantasy stuff. The CFS would be huge for the second half of January. Of course, I don't believe it. But you would figure we would be due a pattern reversal about this time.

Proceed to the end (starting at day 16):

Here's day 18 (first of 3 to 4 events):
View attachment 129091

Would be great if someone studied why the models show these fantasy storms that never come to happen past day 7.

Looks like this winter will be a combo of 1989-90 and 2011-12. May not have another credible winter precip threat outside of NW flow snow in the mountains until 2024. SW VA still has a chance at a 6+ event, but things will have to line up just right for it.
?

This is a really good mountain snow pattern if you switch the Sierra Nevadas with the Appalachians. Ski resorts are going to have a historically short season if we don’t pull a rabbit out of the hat by mid month because February blowtorch is looking likely

If we don’t score mid-late month, I wouldn’t be shocked if we don’t get another opportunity until March.
It feels like March now. A very small opportunity late January and then on to next year for me. March almost never delivers any winter weather here. Once we get past late January, I'm going full garden mode.

Back