• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

I am so tired of all the rain. If it isn't going to snow it could at least be dry. And it doesn't look like it's going to snow at all this winter. Don't tell me we have until March because I don't remember the last time my area had a good snowstorm in March.

March 1rst 1980 for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so tired of all the rain. If it isn't going to snow it could at least be dry. And it doesn't look like it's going to snow at all this winter. Don't tell me we have until March because I don't remember the last time my area had a good snowstorm in March.
March 2, 2009 for Raleigh proper, I think.

I'll put this in the Whamby thread for those of us looking for digital snow. Looks like all of the members of the 18z GEFS have at least flurries on the cold chasing moisture setup. I'm sure it will all disappear so enjoy!
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 5.51.48 PM.png

Dallas just has more interesting weather than Atlanta. It gets hotter in Dallas, colder in Dallas, more snow and ice in Dallas, more severe weather in Dallas, etc.
Maybe you should move there since you mention it so much. Most of their storms are smallish icing events like this. Their cold can be more extreme but it can also get a lot warmer in winter. Give me the southeast any day.

Maybe you should move there since you mention it so much. Most of their storms are smallish icing events like this. Their cold can be more extreme but it can also get a lot warmer in winter. Give me the southeast any day.
I didnt realize smallish icing events were worthy of being under a Winter Storm Warning.

I wonder if this melted by noon the next day?View attachment 131936
I can confirm that is a big fat NO. Lol it snowed for 2 days, temps in teens and low 20s. It's my Carolina crusher, we had drifts 3 feet deep, it was amazing!!

Back