• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

I mean i'm ok with a little freezing rain, but i dont want a crippling ice storm. I do however, always wish for a crippling snow storm ?
I’m good with all winter weather as long as the power stays on. The rolling blackouts around Christmas when it was 8 degrees outside at noon was a very unsettling feeling. Luckily it never stayed off for more then 30 minutes.

I’m good with all winter weather as long as the power stays on. The rolling blackouts around Christmas when it was 8 degrees outside at noon was a very unsettling feeling. Luckily it never stayed off for more then 30 minutes.
And yet people want that kind of cold back. Duke Energy almost lost their entire system that Saturday. Many had their power off for 12 hours or more. We are on one of the smaller companies and did not have the rolling blackouts, but it may be different the next time.

amazing how 2022 was a great winter, top 3 winter for me. 3 weekend accumulating snows in a row then This winter can’t even get a decent snow shower

This year has just been a huge dud. Not really exceptionally warm, just very boring, no real threats.

I am hopeful Nino next year at least improves Eastern cold. But I know it's not going to be great.

This year has just been a huge dud. Not really exceptionally warm, just very boring, no real threats.

I am hopeful Nino next year at least improves Eastern cold. But I know it's not going to be great.
We need a neutral ENSO state for December 2023 and January 2024. That would be our best bet, I think.

Back