• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

I wish the posts bashing Webber for his comments about the upcoming pattern would be left unsent. He's done a very good job at reading the tea leaves and dissecting the pattern evolution. Whether it's what you want to read or not, he backs up everything he posts with solid reasoning and facts.

I would recommend that we pay attention, read and research what he's talking about and engage in far less bashing of the perceived "negative" or "positive" nature of the possible outcomes. Wishcasting is leading to bitchcasting in here.

His voice is a huge addition to the forum and shouldn't be driven out because it doesn't bring snow with it.
Criticism if done right needs to happen. One person's word isn't truth and shouldn't be a one person effort. Constantly saying why something isn't going to happen with proof but saying why something could also happen with proof is a good balance (I say this to everyone) because otherwise there's a clear bias and I firmly belive there's more bitchcasting and wishcasting and biased predictions due to this. Many here are guilty of it and while this pattern isn't the most optimistic, shooting down anything with slight reasonability just gets tiresome. If there's a slight trend there's some reasonability and we watch and see and hope for something. Sure it might not work out but why make the thrill of tracking it unenjoyable?

Criticism if done right needs to happen. One person's word isn't truth and shouldn't be a one person effort. Constantly saying why something isn't going to happen with proof but saying why something could also happen with proof is a good balance (I say this to everyone) because otherwise there's a clear bias and I firmly belive there's more bitchcasting and wishcasting and biased predictions due to this. Many here are guilty of it and while this pattern isn't the most optimistic, shooting down anything with slight reasonability just gets tiresome. If there's a slight trend there's some reasonability and we watch and see and hope for something. Sure it might not work out but why make the thrill of tracking it unenjoyable?
As an addition to the first part I'd also like to add criticism if done right improves the person who is being criticized. It shows something had to be worked on and makes their forecasting better and anything else that might be a flaw. Just has to be taken right and not as an attack.

Good post. I agree. We need more objective reporting. I admit I called winter weather over for Atlanta, but that's not really saying much since Atlanta has a very good chance of not receiving a significant winter weather event each year. I could make that call every July and probably be right about 75% of the time.

It's a lot on here frustrated with winter anymore, me included, and that's where all the bitching comes from. Yes it is the south and hopefully most know it doesn't snow here much. But most of this board averages 4+ inches of snow per year. Not much but something usually happens. If I go snowless this year I'll be at 2.92 average the past 5 years since I moved back. GSP airport averages 4.7 and Tigerville which is most similar to me averages 5.9. Yet I'm closer to CAE's average of 1.9 than I am my own average. It's been depressing to be a snowlover east of the mtns lately.

En_UyElXMAQA6Gj.jpg

True, and there have been no bashing posts this morning (except maybe DoJ). There have, however, been a couple of posts accusing/insinuating that people are bashing when they're not. If people can't take a little discussion or back and forth differing of opinions about weather, where literally nothing is set in stone, then they really need to find a new hobby.

True, and there have been no bashing posts this morning (except maybe DoJ). There have, however, been a couple of posts accusing/insinuating that people are bashing when they're not. If people can't take a little discussion or back and forth differing of opinions about weather, where literally nothing is set in stone, then they really need to find a new hobby.
Stop bashing RC. Damn

Im sorry.....who did I "bash"?

Back