• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2024-25 Discussion

Lmao we already suck!

With La Nina and a very strong -PDO likely, I’d be surprised if the SE isn’t warmer than last winter’s mainly near to modestly warmer than normal. The best shot at BN is typically in the N US with that combo. Odds are very good the NE and especially the Midwest won’t be as warm as the torch that they had up there last winter.

Last edited:
With La Nina and a very strong -PDO likely, I’d be surprised if the SE isn’t warmer than last winter’s mainly near to modestly warmer than normal. The best shot at BN is typically in the N US with that combo. Odds are very good the NE and especially the Midwest won’t be as warm as the torch that they had up there last winter.
Larry, if the Aleutian ridge is flat this winter, meaning not poleward, we will be extremely warm here. However, if it's more poleward, I think big cold shots will come down, especially if we get the -epo/wpo couplet imo. What was interesting is that last winters niño, which is typically backloaded, was colder early on and progressed warmer later in winter.

Back