• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2021-2022 predictions

tenor.gif

Who knows,but if I'm being honset, I have accepted that those us east of the Mountains might not get a "real winter" for a long time, where we actually get true arctic cold and winter storms deep into the south .The SER has been the dominant feature and Pacific hasn't favorable for us in a while. I find it hard to belive that much will fundamentally channge in the 2021/22 winter. Summer isn't even over yet,so things can change,but it's best to safe,so I will just go with warmth and no snow/cold for people south of the I-40 corrdior areas regarding the east of the mouantains,tho the 2021/22 winter in the western SE(west of the mountains) might be interesting, just like Feb of this year.
Well history says that many of us south of I-40 will see snow at some point during the winter. Keep in mind that KCLT has never gone snowless for an entire winter since records started being kept and has never gone more than two consecutive winters without receiving at least a 1” plus snowfall… we do put that to the test this year as KCLT has not had a 1”+ storm since ‘18-‘19. If we’re just talking snowfall chances then just based on history a lot areas between I-40 and I-20 are due or overdue for a major snowfall (4”plus), so sooner or later we’ll get the southern slider overrunning event that I’ve been waiting for the last few years. Finally keep in mind, an overall mild winter can still produce, even in the south. Ask snow lovers in Upstate SC and western NC how good ‘87-88 was or central NC folks about ‘99-00, or se NC and coastal SC people about ‘89-90. Those years would probably be remembered as great winters and will always be talked about because of the major and historical storms that those areas had in the given years, but each of those winters were overall above to well above average temperatures.

The white represents a lowest winter temperature of 26 ,the lightest blue 24, next blue 22, 20 , then 18 and 16. Mild winter incoming .

or you can say white color= lowst Temps above 28 with chance of never going below freezing
very light blue=lowest temps from 22-27 degrees
mid light blue=lowest Temps from 18-22 degrees
blue=lowest temps from 14-18 degrees
dark blue=10-14 agrees
purpule= lowset temps from 1-9 degrees
pink=lowest temps below 0

Another warm winter imcoming everyone!!

The white represents a lowest winter temperature of 26 ,the lightest blue 24, next blue 22, 20 , then 18 and 16. Mild winter incoming .
While I think you’re right that overall the winter will be above average, I think this year is gonna be much variable compared to last year. I think we will have at least couple or several true arctic shots to deal with, but on the flip side I think we will be getting some warm days out ahead of them. Not like last winter when our highs seemed to be within 2-3 degrees of average for 90 percent of the season. I’m basing this a lot on what I’m seeing in the source regions of NW Canada and Alaska… those spots are having their coolest summer since 2013… definitely nothing like the record warmth they’ve had the last couple summers. This should lead to a cold air to start building up in those areas much sooner than we’ve seen of late.

One year, sooner or later, the I-20 to I-85 corridor, will have another blockbuster storm, like Jan ‘11
Those are done for good. Storms like Jan 1988 and Jan 2000 are gone for good south of the Ohio river. Our winters will be more like last year and the year before that. You will have to be above 5000 ft in the southeast to get more than 2-3 inches of snow from any 1 system.

Those are done for good. Storms like Jan 1988 and Jan 2000 are gone for good south of the Ohio river. Our winters will be more like last year and the year before that. You will have to be above 5000 ft in the southeast to get more than 2-3 inches of snow from any 1 system.
What’s the happiest thing that ever happened in your life ? I swear you are the grinch himself . No rain no snow no this no that. Muh summer of 93 drought muh 110 degrees muh muh muh dried up grass.

While I think you’re right that overall the winter will be above average, I think this year is gonna be much variable compared to last year. I think we will have at least couple or several true arctic shots to deal with, but on the flip side I think we will be getting some warm days out ahead of them. Not like last winter when our highs seemed to be within 2-3 degrees of average for 90 percent of the season. I’m basing this a lot on what I’m seeing in the source regions of NW Canada and Alaska… those spots are having their coolest summer since 2013… definitely nothing like the record warmth they’ve had the last couple summers. This should lead to a cold air to start building up in those areas much sooner than we’ve seen of late.
Anything as long as it isn’t super extreme cold will be better than last winter . I mean anything , nothing kills the soul more than non stop 48-52 and rain . I definitely get the feeling it will be a variable winter , probably not cold but it won’t be boring or disappoint all of us , probably most of us , not all of us though.

I think while events like 88 and 2000 are rare. They will happen again I mean look at the statewide winter storm last year in Texas. I do think sooner or later Atlanta to Gsp to Charlotte will have a widespread 6-12 inch event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the last 2 years I'd probably take a 2-3 inch storm and be happy this year!

What’s the happiest thing that ever happened in your life ? I swear you are the grinch himself . No rain no snow no this no that. Muh summer of 93 drought muh 110 degrees muh muh muh dried up grass.
Honestly I’ve just decided to ignore his posts that go like that. They’re not based on anything other than frustration.

Back