• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Valentines Weekend Potential ?

So I know the precip has moved out of CLT, but future AccuWeather radar shows precip filling back starting around 3:45pm(30mins from now). It fills in nicely from Central VA into Central NC stopping right at CLT.
The ceiling is low and honest it looks like it could start pouring (snow hopefully) any minute. For those that read models... any truth to this infill showing up on any of them???
I totally weenied out just now... but lol

I’m not sure. I also have no real access to the models but WRAL here in Raleigh actually showed a second upper level wave that would arrive around 3:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. They’ve since backed off a bit on that saying the air might be too dry. My AccuWeather app shows the same here, however, through about 5:45 pm today as yours does so I guess we shall see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m not sure. I also have no real access to the models but WRAL here in Raleigh actually showed a second upper level wave that would arrive around 3:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. They’ve since backed off a bit on that saying the air might be too dry. My AccuWeather app shows the same here, however, through about 5:45 pm today as yours does so I guess we shall see.

Wow. Those clouds cleared out so fast about 30mins ago-ish. The radar still shows infilling..just keeps pushing the time back.. though most have seen more snow then we have in years, this winter, for some reason seemed mean nonetheless. Can't seem to trust the models...the radar... even the sky... the mets have had no clue overall... oh well. Still believe!!

Wow. Those clouds cleared out so fast about 30mins ago-ish. The radar still shows infilling..just keeps pushing the time back.. though most have seen more snow then we have in years, this winter, for some reason seemed mean nonetheless. Can't seem to trust the models...the radar... even the sky... the mets have had no clue overall... oh well. Still believe!!

Winter weather is tough to call. Maybe more so here in the Carolinas? I say that but I’m sure it’s tough in other places depending on the time of the season. Around here it can definitely be a coin toss. Still will be interesting to see if that upper level energy for the a.m. can produce any snow. Looking less and less likely but as they say, that’s why we play the game.

Back