• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Valentines Weekend Potential ?

06z EPS is kinda meh, seems like the 0z eps had more coastal precip inland where as the 06z is trying focus on the upper energy precip more (reminder 06 only goes out to 144 so might have been better on exit?) Anyway we all know that whatever the models are showing now will not verify this weekend but it seems we are in deja vu land again. Will we finally get some type of phase bomb (doubt it), will the coastal be the main player closer to the coast, will the coastal basically be a big nothing burger and then the upper level energy hit the area with a light event? Who knows, I don't know if models are worse or the pattern is this difficult but seems we used to have some idea once we had a threat under 6-7 days

Any who here it the 06 eps again through 144

1644818400-D1YciLA0UDY.png

1644818400-xPJ3VxIJc6w.png

Euro is getting better imoView attachment 113065
No doubt about it, the Euro/GFS/UKMET are all in the ballpark for showing the 00z GFS solution. If things would trend our way, for once this winter, we have that opportunity but the next couple days will reveal what type of threat this is, if any. Also, fwiw I would not be looking to the ensembles to lead the way with this type of complex phasing situation where higher model resolution would be key.

KATL:

The main focus has
been on the weekend where models have had quite a bit of
discrepancy and run-to-run inconsistency on how amplified the
upper trough gets over the region and amount of possible enhanced
moisture gets phased in. For this set of runs, the GFS
deterministic run is quite robust with even cutting off the upper
trough and allowing for significant snow potential enhanced with
a deformation axis by Sunday/Sunday night.

No doubt about it, the Euro/GFS/UKMET are all in the ballpark for showing the 00z GFS solution. If things would trend our way, for once this winter, we have that opportunity but the next couple days will reveal what type of threat this is, if any. Also, fwiw I would not be looking to the ensembles to lead the way with this type of complex phasing situation where higher model resolution would be key.
Yeah I'd expect the ens to merge the individual waves into just a full latitude positive tilt dud

Upper trough has to phase in or it's likely going to be mostly rain.
It's practically 1 step from a phase or is very close to one. Really a decent look that I don't want to lose or see go too far SW like a lot have this season. Hopefully we see some nice runs with the 12Z suite, especially the euro. We want to see some ens on both the GFS and Euro pick up on this too.

Back