• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Valentines Weekend Potential ?

The NAM 3km says when the clipper comes in on the backside it will spawn a snow supercell in Central VA

Quickly turning into strictly a mountain event of maybe a quick 1-2”. I just couldn’t get into an event where we relied on dynamic cooling of the column with limited precip and surface temps in the mid 30’s. Hopefully we can pull one more event before winters end.

7 straight weeks of accumulating snow ain’t going to happen here. If I can pull off a flurry the streak of snow falling will live on though. Looks like I’ll be pulling the flashlight out to see if any dandruff is falling tonight.

Fair to say that it looks like the RGEM had the best handle on this one. Very impressive weather model.

Snow started about 30 min ago. Slight dusting so far. HRRR really dried up but NAM 3k had the placement and timing a little better. Not sure where it will go but anything is a win.
That’s funny because it still is mixing with rain here. You must have a couple 100 feet of elevation on me haha

I wonder if any of the blues on the radar in NC are verifying. Also a little blue around Clayton GA.
Where's everybody at?

Back