• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Elsa

I don't live on or near the coast. I'm in the SAV burbs.

All I can say now is holy moly what we just had here in SAV! Torrential rains and gusty winds! Nothing minor about this storm.

Was there tropical storm force gusts you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elsa come out of the MDR. Early harbinger of things to come or coincidence? Time will soon tell

I don't know if anyone has seen Elsa absolutely blow up convection and the cloud tops have been getting incredibly colder as we wear thru the night...convection looks healthiest that it's been in days now...

Light rain is just beginning in Goose Creek... And the mugginess is absolutely ramping up levels...

I don't know if anyone has seen Elsa absolutely blow up convection and the cloud tops have been getting incredibly colder as we wear thru the night...convection looks healthiest that it's been in days now...

Light rain is just beginning in Goose Creek... And the mugginess is absolutely ramping up levels...

Maybe the euro wasnt so crazy showing intensification over this area. Now we all know they only get stronger over water but this blow up is certainly interesting and should bring big weather for your area.

Maybe the euro wasnt so crazy showing intensification over this area. Now we all know they only get stronger over water but this blow up is certainly interesting and should bring big weather for your area.

We're probably witnessing some transition taking place here...baroclinic process enhancement... Savannah, GA, reported 28 sustained gusts to 40mph at 10pm tonight with that band...

Was there tropical storm force gusts you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely for the highest gusts. They came just in advance of the start of the very heavy rain,

Fortunately, the torrential downpours have subsided here bigtime leaving behind just a steady moderate rain. There was almost certainly bad road flooding with that. My street was partially flooded. The drains can't handle that much water in such a short time.
No strong wind gusts recently. Our power only dimmed a couple of times thank goodness because there are some outages nearby. There are likely several thousands without power now.

This is already the 3rd TC this season having significant effects here. That is unheard of so early. We go many seasons with none.

Last edited:
Just got outdone ... 6 Miles WSW of Forest Beach ... 81mph wind gust!!

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHARLESTON SC
1115 PM EDT WED JUL 07 2021

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

1113 PM TROPICAL STORM 6 WSW FOREST BEACH 32.11N 80.84W
07/07/2021 AMZ352 SC MESONET

WIND GUST TO 70 KNOTS.

Wtf she looking better than she ever has … let it go? More like let it grow ??View attachment 86298

Elsa's been doing this for several hours now. The center is closer to where the smaller blobs are popping off...but unbelievable convective development. One of the reports on rainfall pegged a 6" rainfall rate. (3.05" in one hour, 1.48" fell in 15 minutes -815 to 830pm) on Sapelo Island

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Tornado Warning
National Weather Service Charleston SC
1136 PM EDT Wed Jul 7 2021

The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a
* Tornado Warning for portions of...
Screven County in southeastern Georgia...

* Until midnight EDT.

* At 1136 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a
tornado was located over Hunters, moving northwest at 30 mph.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Tornado Warning
1139 PM EDT Wed Jul 7 2021

Beaufort County in southeastern South Carolina...
Jasper County in southeastern South Carolina...

* Until 1215 AM EDT.

* At 1139 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a
tornado was located over Hilton Head Airport, moving northwest at 35mph
.34.png

Last edited:
Just got outdone ... 6 Miles WSW of Forest Beach ... 81mph wind gust!!

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHARLESTON SC
1115 PM EDT WED JUL 07 2021

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

1113 PM TROPICAL STORM 6 WSW FOREST BEACH 32.11N 80.84W
07/07/2021 AMZ352 SC MESONET

WIND GUST TO 70 KNOTS.

Maybe a small win for the Euro with this weird explosion of storms and suddenly higher winds. Wonder how this translates up the coast?

Tornado Warning
1223 AM EDT Thu Jul 8 2021

Beaufort County in southeastern South Carolina...
Colleton County in southeastern South Carolina...

* Until 100 AM EDT.

* At 1223 AM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a
tornado was located near Dale, moving northwest at 50 mph.
38.png

Maybe a small win for the Euro with this weird explosion of storms and suddenly higher winds. Wonder how this translates up the coast?

Baroclincity and extra tropical transition will likely keep Elsa sustainable. The insane winds tonight on several reports have been convectivey enhanced cells dragging higher level air down to the SFC it appears and not completely indicative of an intensifying TC.

Severe Weather Statement
102 AM EDT Thu Jul 8 2021

Charleston SC-
102 AM EDT Thu Jul 8 2021

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 130 AM EDT FOR
CHARLESTON COUNTY...

At 101 AM EDT, a confirmed tornado was located over Edisto Island,
moving north at 50 mph.

HAZARD...Damaging tornado.

SOURCE...Radar confirmed tornado.

Locations impacted include...