• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Elsa

Waterspout about to move on shore near Charleston:

Tornado Warning
National Weather Service Charleston SC
136 AM EDT Thu Jul 8 2021

The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a
* Tornado Warning for portions of...
Charleston County in southeastern South Carolina...

* Until 200 AM EDT.

* At 135 AM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
was located near Kiawah Island, moving north at 45 mph.
41.png

- Charleston is getting rocked now.
- 9 straight hours of rain here including that one hour of unreal torrential rain and another period of heavy rain later. Street flooding was bad in flood prone areas. Lots of standing water in my yards. Over 4" and quite possibly over 5" of rain has fallen here. It appears to be ending.
- Winds are still gusty to 30+ in non-thunderstorm related winds as Elsa is passing by at her closest to our NW.
- 11K power outages just in this area from Elsa.

Lots of little supercells offshore SC that will eventually rotate into the coast in either SC or the Wilmington area. Suspect some more tornado warnings as today progresses.

Hrrr still showing broken bands of storms to the east and a nice rain shield with the core of Elsa as it progresses north today.

Uhhh yeah these bands that Elsa has produced have some wild STP in it and the NAM has picked it up and followed it up .. will definitely see some warning out of this up this way 3D084E05-0378-4DDA-B674-82F759C2150D.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 7.53.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-08 at 7.52.33 AM.png

HRRR bullish as always. 3-4in for CLT feels like a well overdone stretch. By looks of the radar, HRRR might be set up a tad further west than reality. HRRR bullish on the wind forecast too - 45knot gusts over RDU? Quite a difference from RAH NWS "10-15mph winds this afternoon"

Attachments

• 1625745455909.png
    1625745455909.png
    2 MB · Views: 9
The rain started here when I was driving into work. Hope we don't have any tornadoes today.

I'm flirting with that cutoff if taken verbatim.

View attachment 86310

I would predict at this point the main swath of highest QPF totals goes right over Wake, maybe even to the East. This is by looking at KCAE radar totals into KCLX & KLTX radar totals as well. This would be a major fail for models and a yuge win for Mets who hodl the US1/I95 swath totals

New tornado watch for NC. Wake is right at the cutoff.

screenshot---2021-07-08T085039.391-DMID1-5rgl0w04x-640x360.jpg

Back