• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Bertha

3km went nuts at 18z for the trailing band. Trend past few runs.

View attachment 42189
No way I'm falling for this. Next run will have it over Winston. Kind of joking, but the Nam always does this stuff. I mean 0z last night had us in the crosshairs for big rain today. It's a really terrible model beyond about 3-6 hours.

Tornado warning for me right now.

Did you win?
That one looked to be around a EF -5. Wind gusted to 3mph. A new, more vigorous cell is moving in now. Heavy rain but no wind so far. This one isn't warned right now.

Heaviest, steadiest rain so far over my area, has been pouring for about 2 hours. Surprised there are no flood advisories out.

NWS isn't going to issue a watch because of one warned cell...

This is a very marginal risk, at best.

That isn't my point. My point is we have more severe storms around my area the past few years when we don't have a watch versus when we do.

All the local news stations are doing their regular newscast. Must not be too worried about the tornado warning.

Heaviest, steadiest rain so far over my area, has been pouring for about 2 hours. Surprised there are no flood advisories out.
Yeah, it absolutely poured buckets for about 2 1/2 hours here in Wingate. The creek at the bottom of the hill is going over the road. I’ve 1.9 “ in the gauge since midnight...17.3” mtd

That isn't my point. My point is we have more severe storms around my area the past few years when we don't have a watch versus when we do.

There have been numerous watches that have been issued this winter/spring. Unless you are talking about an organized event, you can't expect a watch every time there is a warning issued. That's very typical especially as we enter the summer months.

Track cone shifted west again could ride i77...placing Raleigh to Greensboro area in the right quad for a tornado warning or two.

Rain, at least here in my part of Chatham, has been very light & misty. Radar returns look much more robust than what's falling. Is that the case everywhere in NC under the dark greens/oranges/reds?

Heavy wind blown rain. Sheets of rain blowing off the roofs.

There have been numerous watches that have been issued this winter/spring. Unless you are talking about an organized event, you can't expect a watch every time there is a warning issued. That's very typical especially as we enter the summer months.

Again, you are not getting my point.

Raleigh area to the OBX looks interesting late tonight per models. Everyone sleeping with storms.

Back