• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Bertha

Going to need a tornado watch soon. Given how wet it has been over the Carolinas, wouldn’t it be something if it maintained strength somewhat overland? NAM looks strong inland.

The severe threat here is what I am interested in watching. We're under a level 1 threat now, so not really expecting much besides rain.

Geez, FLO to CLT to INT going to get raked. Almost the same areas that got drenched last week.

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 11.48.49 AM.pngprecip_14d_accum_northcarolina_2020052712.png

We will be lucky to get a stray shower here. 24 hours ago, it looked like a lock for a couple of inches here. Our weather models are awesome.

Yeah, that's how we roll. The heavier QPF will be just to our west from FAY/SAN towards CLT. But, I think we get some off an on showers today with potentially more tomorrow. I still think we see 0.5"-1" of rain over the next few days.

Yeah, that's how we roll. The heavier QPF will be just to our west from FAY/SAN towards CLT. But, I think we get some off an on showers today with potentially more tomorrow. I still think we see 0.5"-1" of rain over the next few days.
Hopefully. The 12z models are less than impressive.

We will be lucky to get a stray shower here. 24 hours ago, it looked like a lock for a couple of inches here. Our weather models are awesome.

What's funny is Berth misses us to our west...but models have this heavier tailing band of precip moving through after Bertha and that misses us to our east overnight tonight and tomorrow.

nam-nest-conus-carolinas-precip_24hr_inch-0732000.png

Breaking News: Moderate Risk issued for Wilkes County northward. Despite the NAM being -------- past few day’s with sprinkles.

Last edited:
Lots of unknown. NWS pleaded for WPC to issue Moderate Risk then WPC places the Moderate Risk where they have no Flood Watches out?? 8949F007-5579-4A68-A058-C5FA47AB5C1C.jpeg

You can kind of look at the radar and tell that is going to be wrong.
I am interested in that convective tail that comes out of the circulation and extends south into the ocean. If we get that training from south to north totals could rocket up, conversely if we don't get a lot of banding today and convection not tied to the main blob around the center we struggle to .25

Back