• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Bertha

I am interested in that convective tail that comes out of the circulation and extends south into the ocean. If we get that training from south to north totals could rocket up, conversely if we don't get a lot of banding today and convection not tied to the main blob around the center we struggle to .25
If it’s anything like what’s happening in Florida now after the storm passed there..their radar looks juicy now with widespread storms.

I am interested in that convective tail that comes out of the circulation and extends south into the ocean. If we get that training from south to north totals could rocket up, conversely if we don't get a lot of banding today and convection not tied to the main blob around the center we struggle to .25
Hopefully, that will build in and not set up just east. Kylo said it before, but many of the models set us up for the old 7-10 split. Radar has filled in pretty well to the south, so who knows.

Local guys and media are completely ignoring the “Moderate Risk”. 4F06A9DD-2F2B-41CE-8727-5241F428F751.png

Whole lot of nothing here in Mt Pleasant this morning. I'm near Rifle Range Rd and IOP connector. Heck, had no idea this was a TS until it passed and someone on a work call asked if I was ok, and I laughed and said why? Literally just found out about half an hour ago. We picked up 1.22" of rain in my weather station. Just a heavy rain for about an hour or so, completely normal. No wind to speak of. We got over 2" in a single storm last week!

I could see some PDS Flash Flood emergencies being issued later today for Virginia. That area can’t handle what’s coming on radar..with some isolated flooding back down to Winston-Salem/Mount Airy corridor.

Whole lot of nothing here in Mt Pleasant this morning. I'm near Rifle Range Rd and IOP connector. Heck, had no idea this was a TS until it passed and someone on a work call asked if I was ok, and I laughed and said why? Literally just found out about half an hour ago. We picked up 1.22" of rain in my weather station. Just a heavy rain for about an hour or so, completely normal. No wind to speak of. We got over 2" in a single storm last week!
I live off rifle range, was a big surprise.

Not too far from me man. Summerton is 3 min away over 2 inches here.
Oh cool. Yeah I’ve been doing some out of town work between Sumter and Manning. Water standing everywhere. Ditches running over. It was already wet before Bertha. Water has nowhere to go now.

I could see some PDS Flash Flood emergencies being issued later today for Virginia. That area can’t handle what’s coming on radar..with some isolated flooding back down to Winston-Salem/Mount Airy corridor.
This could be serious for areas just along the HWY 74 corridor just east of Charlotte as well. It’s looking like the heaviest areas of rain might actually pivot over those areas as opposed to moving straight through. Much of eastern Union and Western Anson counties have already had 12”+ the last 10 days and I can personally confirm, the ground is saturated and creeks and streams are full.

This could be serious for areas just along the HWY 74 corridor just east of Charlotte as well. It’s looking like the heaviest areas of rain might actually pivot over those areas as opposed to moving straight through. Much of eastern Union and Western Anson counties have already had 12”+ the last 10 days and I can personally confirm, the ground is saturated and creeks and streams are full.

Yeah, I have over 8 inches here in the western part of the county. But I think this storm is moving fast enough to avoid any serious issues. There will be flooding, but nothing like we saw with Florence.

Flash Flood Watch expanded west to Ashe and Wilkes County for up to 5” of rain.

3km went nuts at 18z for the trailing band. Trend past few runs.

3km.gif

Back