• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical storm Claudette

fc308d48534de05add218b745c5dc79e.jpg

Rain shield is quite expansive and seems to be ahead of schedule for some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So a system over land is deemed a Tropical Storm.

I guess anything's possible now, given how the past 2 years have been going.
There is a clear agenda in naming storms that are not over water. Not trying to get political, much, but this is not a "tropical storm". Naming these things that are barely circulations and have low overall wind fields is "crying wolf" and results in people not taking more serious storms seriously.

This band is going to be problematic through the afternoon with quick spinups and supercells coming off the gulf for the panhandle SE Bama and sw gaKEOX - Super-Res Reflectivity Tilt 1, 12_09 PM.png

I actually think they should have named this storm before it hit. They waited to long if the idea is to get people to take this seriously. Then name it before landfall not after. Areas along the coast did see tropical storm type conditions regardless of the circulation. I don’t know if true but weather nation said Pensacola had a 81mph gusts. My point is if it didn’t have a name before landfall. Then don’t name it after landfall either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks to be a tornado on the ground. This one has all the room to work with. Definte CC drop so it's doing damage

My goodness hook and I can't tell of it's debris on the radar that's being picked up. This low topped supercell is spinning like crazyScreenshot_20210619-115507.pngScreenshot_20210619-115454.png

Back