• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical storm Claudette

Wow, I never expected this from Claudette. Even though the center is passing 150 miles to the NW, TS-like conditions have prevailed here with very windy/some gusts easily into the 40s from the SW. The wind gusts have been relentless most of the daytime hours and with no rain so far though some is on the way. So, these wind gusts are pinched gradient related/nothing to do with thunderstorms. The weather maps look rather innocuous making it surprising though if you look closely you can see where the gradient is pinched. Lots of power outages including here, where it had been out for 3 hours until about 1.5 hours ago. A couple of tree branches caused some disconcerting bangs earlier as they hit my roof, but no roof damage has occurred to this point. Hopefully, this is the worst we have from the tropics this season.

1.38” here so we missed out on the bigger totals. The wind did manage to knock over most of my corn.

Dang really solid line near what’s left of the main circulation.
454C9486-6A00-4184-A92B-4604A3ACCBAB.jpg

Back