• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Barry

Another day over water and this thing would have been a major probably the strengthening today in spite of the unfavorable conditions

GOES16_1km_ir_201907130145_24.25_32.75_-97.75_-84.25_ir1_ltng16_hgwy_warn_latlon_weathernerds.gif

I've not paid any attention since this morning... what's the chatter about "could have been a major with more time?" Is it just its current structure?

SUMMARY OF 1000 PM CDT...0300 UTC...INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...28.6N 91.0W
ABOUT 75 MI...125 KM S OF MORGAN CITY LOUISIANA
ABOUT 120 MI...195 KM WSW OF THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...65 MPH...100 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 300 DEGREES AT 3 MPH...6 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...993 MB...29.33 INCHES

I've not paid any attention since this morning... what's the chatter about "could have been a major with more time?" Is it just its current structure?

Yeah its come a long way since yesterday

Recon went home for some reason boo

Nice shift farther away from the SE! Guess the Mississippi River will be a mess, on top of all the rain they have already received. This storm will not make Cat1 , IMO, still looks raggedy and very close to shore.

Been watching Adair's stream a little since I woke up and it looked mostly like an extra nasty summer thunderstorm.

He does have damage now on an old hotel though.

Also, I swear it's not been called but on Levi's website, I swear he had it as a hurricane when I first looked. I don't think NHC called it (and also don't think it matters).

Edit: Well they just called hurricane now. Barely.

Barry appears to be scooting ashore slowly near New Iberia, south of Lafayette, LA. Also, radar shows the COC is finally beginning to move ashore. IMO, those in the path of this storm, who may have woken up today feeling the storm was going to be much better than predicted, need to be vigilant for the next 24 or so as Barry creeps inland.

Back