• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Barry

I don’t remember seeing a storm classified as a hurricane that has zero convection around any side of the immediate c of c. Pretty amazing actually.

I don’t remember seeing a storm classified as a hurricane that has zero convection around any side of the immediate c of c. Pretty amazing actually.
Yeah, it's kind of surreal down here with Barry. Not much rain last night. In an otherwise healthy storm, the rains should have begun yesterday afternoon with solid banding etc. At least we'll get less time with tropical storm conditions with Barry.

That’s what bathwater temps gets you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's kind of surreal down here with Barry. Not much rain last night. In an otherwise healthy storm, the rains should have begun yesterday afternoon with solid banding etc. At least we'll get less time with tropical storm conditions with Barry.
Yeah, that’s about right normally. It’s radar presentation currently looks like an organizing depression or minimal tropical storm.

Well barely and it looks bizarre but i believe this is the first July hurricane landfall since 2008

Not seeing anything that screams cat 1. Kinda feels like NHC just wanted the 1st out of the way.

Well, they did have some verified wind reports on the LA coast to verify the decision, but I do see a little bias on their part to check off the first hurricane for 2019, maybe.

Ive never seen a hurricane with so many different vorts and circulations. Ive seen naked swirl hurricanes with strong convection on one side, but this thing is indeed ugly.

What's a little unsettling to me is that Barry's CDO has yet to fully come ashore. This area is likely to have the heaviest rains and highest winds, especially in the area of convection closest to the center. I just hope Barry doesn't stall over the area.

I wonder if this is the culprit for the higher winds reaching the ground. The abnormally dry air aloft(for tropical cyclones) aiding it.

Attachments

• 700mb.gif
    700mb.gif
    52.2 KB · Views: 17
Not seeing anything that screams cat 1. Kinda feels like NHC just wanted the 1st out of the way.

Agree! Almost a “ pity “ naming! It’s radar and satellite presentation , doesn’t scream Hurricane

Back