• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Barry

The Legacy GFS is on Tropical Tidbits, and initially I feel like it did best with the "East" shifts the majority of other modeling took. When it comes to strength, I don't give it much credit though. Will be interesting to see how well in advance it did vs our current GFS (FV3) with track.

Aren't weaker storms with no real circulation, (remnants?), supposed to be heavier when we talk about rainfall amounts? They just kinda meander slowly?

Aren't weaker storms with no real circulation, (remnants?), supposed to be heavier when we talk about rainfall amounts? They just kinda meander slowly?

Harvey was the opposite of messy and look at what it produced and how slow it moved.

Of course, I'm talking about keeping surge and winds down if it stays a mess.

0a6ccfb7ac0156e0e193666f5ba5cd8ce944269bf68f340b7f7a0b954bdc053a.png

The last pass showed the pressure going to 999 mb.

Yeah I'm not sure if thats correct(they were really really low and ascended I think and it still looks disorganized) but if it is we may have organization

Edit from what i see that was way north like almost ashore so i dont think thats a real center

Last edited:
A HURRICANE WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR THE COAST OF LOUISIANA
FROM INTRACOASTAL CITY TO GRAND ISLE.

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR LAKE PONTCHARTRAIN AND
LAKE MAUREPAS INCLUDING METROPOLITAN NEW ORLEANS.

Storm is no longer forecasted to become a hurricane according to the latest advisory.

Back