• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Barry

ICON makes landfall as a 995 mb tropical storm in the Louisiana coast @57 hours.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_11.png

My opinion, the 06z Nam solution this morning is devastating for New Orleans. It gives it over water all day Friday, intensifying to 958. But more devastating is the position with NO.

My opinion, the 06z Nam solution this morning is devastating for New Orleans. It gives it over water all day Friday, intensifying to 958. But more devastating is the position with NO.
The 3km NAM yesterday had what would be the strongest hurricane on record in the Gulf, which isn’t going to happen, so I wouldn’t put much stock in the NAM with this.

The 3km NAM yesterday had what would be the strongest hurricane on record in the Gulf, which isn’t going to happen, so I wouldn’t put much stock in the NAM with this.
I'm looking at the 06z....all the models have a bust occasionally (euro with Florence landfall predicted Charleston...no go).. It escalates in intensity the 24 hours before landfall. I don't put much stock in any single one.....but tend to look for characteristics of each that indicate new possibilities. After Michael, I will never again say "never"....

Last edited:
I think the big story with this won't be the intensity of the system, but the rain it brings, especially if it goes over New Orleans. We could see major flooding there.

Considering the lack of real ts/td development (no real "eye"), I'm curious what confidence levels are in current track projections. Most seem to agree on the SE LA, but I really hope that isn't the case :(. The flooding in that scenario would be devastating.

saw this. These are the areas that flooded during Katrina. The Red Dots on map above are where the levees are under 20 feet. River is currently at 16.1

1562850948883.png

Last another tweet from Bill karins (Met down there, this is his info)

1562851081293.png

Back