• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Barry

hmon_ref_02L_20.png

HWRF and HMON models seem to be correcting west again with the 18Z run. I don't think we'll get more accurate model forecasts until we have data input in from the Hurricane Hunters, as well as a LL circulation.

Actually the Euro is a tick west of 0z. FWIW there probably isnt really isnt a "east" trend. I think the implications of the models showing the center forming more north or south is where some of them are getting this noise from. Obviously that will determine where exactly the landfall occurs.
Thanks man, I'm talking about landfall 12z at landfall was east.

HWRF and HMON models seem to be correcting west again with the 18Z run. I don't think we'll get more accurate model forecasts until we have data input in from the Hurricane Hunters, as well as a LL circulation.

Bingo. The landfall point will be affected 100 miles easily in either direction just from where the LLC actually forms and the shape of the coastline.

much less until there is a storm with a name ... the name comes with a degree of intensity and certainty not associated with a L

its all a guess until we know where the center is(which it doesn't have so the models are just assuming stuff), that's why I don't get too worked up over this west vs. east trend, its gonna change

Nice banding getting better defined on the southern side of PTC 2. I'd be surprised if we don't have TS Barry tonight if today's trends keep up.

its all a guess until we know where the center is(which it doesn't have so the models are just assuming stuff), that's why I don't get too worked up over this west vs. east trend, its gonna change
you wanna go quail hunting with me sometime? we do have a similar look on where something may be found ... ;)

Any reports from the planes that were supposed to gather data on the storm?

No closed low yet though it has gotten closer
Probably will be by later tonight early tommrow morning im guessing. Idk if the HRRR is good with tropical stuff but it shows it getting its act together very soon.

Probably will be by later tonight early tommrow morning im guessing. Idk if the HRRR is good with tropical stuff but it shows it getting its act together very soon.

yeah that's my belief too, they should be back out while most are sleeping tonight

currently a higher altitude flight for models I guess

Back