• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Barry

And this model east as well
hwrf-p_mslp_wind_02L_24.png

That is like the worst possible landfall position for NO.
Yeah I know, whether it strengthens or not, LA/MS/AL will see some real dangerous flooding out of this if this east track happens

Starting to think the gfs may not be an eastern outlier, models are shifting east. Still ways to go with back n forth.

The models have been seesawing east and west the past couple of days.

Even if the more western tracks verify NO is gonna be on the bad side with onshore flow and lets not forget the Mississippi has been in flood for weeks already so i just dont see a good solution here

Agree: Folks have to realize here this a whole new animal (river Flooding into the city). Every time a big storm has come along by late summer/fall the river has been way down, easily handle the surge in spite those being big surges. If wont take much of a surge at all when your currently sitting just a couple feet below the levees being capped. Saw where they are shutting all the flood gates around the city now. takes like 2 days to complete.

I hope those refineries can hold up under tropical storm wind gusts and heavy downpours!
It’s more about worker safety and precautions that will shut them down. Just a bad spot for storm. I forgot the wind speed criteria over water that they normally shut down for. Don’t think it’s very high.

Read these words:
Nobody in the Carolinas is getting rain from this directly after it hits the Gulf. Said it here and now. See this in 5 days. It'll be right.
South-west NC will see direct upslope if current shifts continue or if the GFS is right. Lake Toxaway area.

It’s more about worker safety and precautions that will shut them down. Just a bad spot for storm. I forgot the wind speed criteria over water that they normally shut down for. Don’t think it’s very high.
Yep. Good thing is, it doesn't look like a long-lasting deal with widespread infrastructure damage. So hopefully, any spike in prices will be relatively short-lived.

Yep. Good thing is, it doesn't look like a long-lasting deal with widespread infrastructure damage. So hopefully, any spike in prices will be relatively short-lived.
But could be a multi-day shutdown based on track-speed. Just checked the NHC rain map and they have 4-6” smidge over western NC now.

Preliminary Appalachian upslope subject to change. All of north Georgia gets wet.

Attachments

• 2FEC33BB-B2A1-43BF-AC47-27C33B6949F0.png
    2FEC33BB-B2A1-43BF-AC47-27C33B6949F0.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
Guys/Gals please keep the banter in appropriate threads, if your not sure what banter is just watch which post are about to disappear and that should give you some idea. Thanks and carry on....

Agree.... however already reports of evacuations from oil rigs in the GOM and those same reports say some 250,000 barrels a day immediately affected with a potential for 700,000 barrels a day. So yeah hopefully short lived but gas price increase not out of the question unfortunately

18z nam start off to far west, low is further east

Agree.... however already reports of evacuations from oil rigs in the GOM and those same reports say some 250,000 barrels a day immediately affected with a potential for 700,000 barrels a day. So yeah hopefully short lived but gas price increase not out of the question unfortunately

well we all know they use any reason to raise them...

Back