• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry The Webber/1300m/Kylo/Jon/Whatalife Storm January 12th-14th

Who lives by the almost 0.5” down in SC?

View attachment 10590
me and Mack. I will gladly eat crow if that happens. If the NAM continues to strengthen the wedge tomorrow then there may be something to it. No need for us on the fringe to get all hot and bothered just yet

Last edited:
Ok so here in upstate sc. if some of these models verify. A lot of people won’t see this thing coming. Of course I don’t believe up to .5 ice falls in upstate South Carolina. But just a day who looked like only nc was getting a ice storm. Now the door is opening for upstate sc. however Chris justice says just a cold rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point as we get in range of the mesoscale models the 12km NAM, 3km NAM and RGEM will be the top 3 models to watch closely as they will pick up on CAD better. The RGEM has a cold bias at the end of it's range and the NAM sometimes has a dry bias, keep those in mind. Having said that the signs I'm seeing from all 3 suggest a pretty icy situation not only for Western NC but parts of SC and northern GA possibly if trends continue. The 18z GFS also came in colder and it has a pretty big warm bias I've noticed in past CAD events, probably one of the worst models for it.

cfb6e0930de66d3811ab01ea568501d4.jpg

National weather service in Gsp is saying this.. anyone care to explain why the national weather service out of Gsp says models are warming. When Nam cmc Rgem comes in cold. Not sure what national weather service is seeing but they better hope there not wrong.

me and Mack. I will gladly eat crow if that happens. If the NAM continues to strengthen the wedge tomorrow then there may be something to it. No need for us on the fringe to get all hot and bothered just yet
And me..serious warm nose showing up

National weather service in Gsp is saying this.. anyone care to explain why the national weather service out of Gsp says models are warming. When Nam cmc Rgem comes in cold. Not sure what national weather service is seeing but they better hope there not wrong.

It's probably based on guidance from 6z and 12z today. If the trends on the 18z runs continue with the 00z runs they will probably adjust.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

At this point as we get in range of the mesoscale models the 12km NAM, 3km NAM and RGEM will be the top 3 models to watch closely as they will pick up on CAD better. The RGEM has a cold bias at the end of it's range and the NAM sometimes has a dry bias, keep those in mind. Having said that the signs I'm seeing from all 3 suggest a pretty icy situation not only for Western NC but parts of SC and northern GA possibly if trends continue. The 18z GFS also came in colder and it has a pretty big warm bias I've noticed in past CAD events, probably one of the worst models for it.
And the NAM was decent last time so I would give it some weight. Those DPs further north up in VA are what will help fuel the wedge we didn't have last time.

Looks as if every single RGEM ensemble member has a significant ice storm stretching across all of the western Carolinas even into the upstate of South Carolina
I thought I was out of the game on this one, but this isn't how I wanted to get back in it.

Tomorrow looks to be more cloudy than expected, just on this evenings observation ! Keep tomorrow colder than expected and it should snowball from rhere

Back