• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry The Webber/1300m/Kylo/Jon/Whatalife Storm January 12th-14th

The past 3 runs of the NAM also are trending towards a weaker energy in the Midwest. Notice the closed 552dm closed contour line is gone as of the 12z run and it is more positive tilt.
namconus_z500_vort_us_fh72_trend.gif

The FV3 4 run trend is towards a washed out, weaker, sheared system. Notice the 850 low goes from a strong closed contour to very weak. Also notice heights in Canada pressing down more. IMO the FV3 is gradually shifting to the sheared out/weaker camp.
View attachment 10457
Yeah even I can see that trend. Good eye
The past 3 runs of the NAM also are trending towards a weaker energy in the Midwest. Notice the closed 552dm closed contour line is gone as of the 12z run and it is more positive tilt.
View attachment 10458
definately moving towards less amplification. Still rain here so I really don’t have a dog in the fight

Would any of this bold better for upstate sc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No dice this time Jessey. If you’re lucky you might see some flakes before the low scours our CAD into oblivion. Cold cold rain, buddy. It’s a bad track for the upstate. It’s really not a good storm track for anyone in NC either outside of WNC. Going to be some big time ZR numbers from this one

Last edited:
18z Nam looks really bundled with the energy at hr48 with more ridging in the SE. Looks to get amp up in future panels, I think.

Edit: 2 contour closed ULL at hr 54 over the TX panhandle. I don't think any other model has anything like this??

18z Nam looks really bundled with the energy at hr48 with more ridging in the SE. Looks to get amp up in future panels, I think.

Edit: 2 contour closed ULL at hr 54 over the TX panhandle. I don't think any other model has anything like this??

No other models show it closing off like this so far. Also looks like heights are pressing down more over Canada, should be interesting to see where this run ends up.

Here's the last frame on the NAM. Not a bad depiction of who may see some frozen precip in my opinion.
1547066695491.png

I know the NAM issues with DP's in it's LR but if this verifies and can start throwing some precip in there then the CAD ain't going nowhere...
namconus_Td2m_seus_47.png

NAM has our energy washing out hours 78-84 and a pretty solid ice event. We are a bit outside of it's reliable/useful range but interesting to see. LP is also SOUTH like the OP GFS, UK, ICON.
1547066827292.png

Here's the last frame on the NAM. Not a bad depiction of who may see some frozen precip in my opinion.
View attachment 10463
That little sliver of ZR down into Greenville/Anderson used to verify years ago. CAD, for whatever reason, doesn’t dig in as deep as it used to. Boiling Springs and points north and west may get in on some of the initial action

Back