• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

That would be pretty much unheard of lol

Only 1906 and 1973 recorded none

I'd be surprised if there's not at least a couple by August

BTW, the region is usually drying out by now. After spending the first part of this 3 week warmer than normal period dealing with evapotranspiration from the rainy period between 4/15 and 6/4, we now seem to be entering a new extended period with stubborn troughing and wet weather that wll reinforce the already saturated soils.

I know it's a crap model, but the CFS also doens't seem encouraging for a "hot" July.

It did happen at least twice before way back in 1973 and 1906.

And there have been several years (most notably, 1992, which we all know what happened that year) where there was only one 100*F+ day.
I’m not sure I remember what happened in 1992, but I gotta believe that DFW manages to get a few 100+ degree days before the end of August. I do see what your saying though about how it just appears that certain things in the pattern are overall going to seem to prevail this summer.

I’m not sure I remember what happened in 1992, but I gotta believe that DFW manages to get a few 100+ degree days before the end of August. I do see what your saying though about how it just appears that certain things in the pattern are overall going to seem to prevail this summer.

1992 was our modern day "year without a Summer," in part thanks to the volcanic eruption of Mount Pinatubo.

Granted, the brunt of it was in the Midwest and NE. The Pacific NW though also had one of its hottest and driest summers that year.

summer1992.png

2003 was the year without a summer in Atlanta. A couple days of 90+ and the highest was 91 or 92.

1992 was our modern day "year without a Summer," in part thanks to the volcanic eruption of Mount Pinatubo.

Granted, the brunt of it was in the Midwest and NE. The Pacific NW though also had one of its hottest and driest summers that year.

summer1992.png
I had completely forgotten about that. The eruption was also believed to have caused the very slow hurricane season in the Atlantic that year. Unfortunately that was the year Andrew hit south Florida

summer1992.png

What's funny is that I read some experts speculate that the March 1993 Superstorm was a result of that volcanic eruption. It completely threw the global atmospheric circulatory pattern out of whack which created the special circumstances for the storm to occur.

Well today is one of those days the sea breeze front has come west. About to get a solid storm coming from the southeast

Been raining a lot in eastern wake . Rain yesterday , overnight , then random downpours throughout the day today . Also the 10 day went from 82-84 to 88-90 . I told y’all as we got closer it would warm up.
The one thing that might put a bit of a cap on those temps is this tropical wave moving west towards the Carolinas and GA coast. Even if it doesn’t develop, I think it could definitely make the afternoon storms more widespread. The humidity is definitely going to be there though

Back