• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

I’m at 84/75 right now myself. Feels like a hot sponge outside… perfect pool day!!! I have a feeling tomorrow might overperform on both rain and thunderstorms.
I dont know. The SPC doesnt seem too excited about tomorrow. If the front moves any faster than modeled then it will move past pretty quick and not really have a chance to drop anything. They also mentioned the storms being post-frontal or undercut by the front.

To add this weekend into early next week has some higher end potential with regards to rain. We are likely to back the coastal front inland, sharpen the piedmont trough and maybe drop in a dying cold front. Great training or back building setup that could lead to some large totals
You thinking more RAH east again?

I dont know. The SPC doesnt seem too excited about tomorrow. If the front moves any faster than modeled then it will move past pretty quick and not really have a chance to drop anything. They also mentioned the storms being post-frontal or undercut by the front.
Yeah I think we may see some crapvectipn problems but at least everyone should see an even decent amount of rain even with worst case scenario

You thinking more RAH east again?
This weekend prob 95 east along the coastal front. By early next week its prob west and central the gfs screws things up with that dumb hurricane and the 0z euro was prob too quick and strong with the SE ridge. I'm not sure the front next week makes it through it may just die over us

DFW made it to 92*F before the front moved through. Northern parts of the metroplex (especially rain cooled areas) have fallen into the upper 60s / low 70s.

Still can't do strong/severe t'storm right, even with an abnormally strong cold front.

This weekend prob 95 east along the coastal front. By early next week its prob west and central the gfs screws things up with that dumb hurricane and the 0z euro was prob too quick and strong with the SE ridge. I'm not sure the front next week makes it through it may just die over us
Yeah gfs is the only one that just insists on this cane coming from the Caribbean. No support from what I’ve seen. Screws up everything afterwards

Reactions: SD
I really hope these can make it to Charlotte. If they do then both the SPC and NWS completely botched their forecast for today. In other news, caught this photo of The QC when I arrived on Saturday. LA is great but it’s not nearly as beautiful as Charlotte!

9e6da8ee30d3f4feb4381777f4e578c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way the gfs evolves this storm in the Caribbean is beyond odd. Just kind of bounces around a low all over the place and then randomly consolidates it and takes off lol

Back