• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

No precip but a deep moist flow from sfc to around H8 out of the NE as the coastal trough sets up around the beaches. Probably wouldn't have much sun especially Thursday. No 66 would be tough but if we have a solid stratus deck with drizzle until late afternoon 70-73 might be it
That’s reasonable and surprise surprise it’s the June mean lowest max ... 73. So sorry Nicky you aren’t getting anything exceptional.

That’s reasonable and surprise surprise it’s the June mean lowest max ... 73. So sorry Nicky you aren’t getting anything exceptional.
I agree that it’s nothing exceptional, but the number of cooler days this month does seem unusual. There’s a very good chance that I finish June with more sub 80 degree days than above 90 degree days.

I agree that it’s nothing exceptional, but the number of cooler days this month does seem unusual. There’s a very good chance that I finish June with more sub 80 degree days than above 90 degree days.
How many have you had ? RDU has had 1 day sub 80 with a high of 79.

Just went through the eps members and really there's no sign of heat through the next 10 days. Things may start warming by July 4th weekend but it seems like that's when we really start to roast anyway

Just went through the eps members and really there's no sign of heat through the next 10 days. Things may start warming by July 4th weekend but it seems like that's when we really start to roast anyway
What’s the mean? Our average high is approaching 90 , don’t expect anything like 80-84 for the mean high on the next 10 days . Is it more like 85-87?

Below average is comfortable I’m having a grand time thank you for your concern … in other news looks like we will have to wait for July for any actual heat .. when that arrives ask me again that’ll be the real heart break ??

It hasn’t been really dry. Dry = warm. As long as we stay somewhat wet you won’t see a major heat waves this summer. I still think September and August we bake because I am a 50/50 guesser.
If we follow climo for a neutral ENSO then things may actually be very pleasant this fall for the East. It may be a bit active precip wise due to the STJ becoming active, but there should also be some good dry autumn days with temperatures around average… cool nights and mild days

If we follow climo for a neutral ENSO then things may actually be very pleasant this fall for the East. It may be a bit active precip wise due to the STJ becoming active, but there should also be some good dry autumn days with temperatures around average… cool nights and mild days

Neutral gives us more snow/ice too later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want to make a bet it ends up warmer? Mean high between now and then will be 87. Boom
Wouldn't be shocked. Mean qpf is just over 4 here so a lot of the cool is likely a result of storms/debris clouds so we could easily over/under perform the means

As long as we keep the heat ridge stays in the SW and any bermuda ridge isn't nosing in we aren't going to get that hot other than some heat releases

If that convergence zone sets up, a jet will form, and storms develop, set up just under the slot. I think it moves east at first, then backs up

I’m gonna keep y’all abreast of my storms today! 925D01F3-AA17-492F-990D-86097DB0B47D.png

That and models always showing 100 makes people think that’s normal .
100+ degree days are not normal for me and I don’t believe we even had an 100 degree day last year or maybe that was the year before .. they aren’t normal around here that’s why they usually come during big heat waves .. when temps are significantly above normal .. they don’t come around too often but when they do they suck

Back