• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

It may be time to write off the tropical system for most of NC and upstate SC. Models trending south with it. The cold front may not be much help either. This weekend and all of next week may be almost completely dry for many of us.

Not seeing it in lawns here yet but did notice it in some corn fields yesterday. The corn stalk leaves are starting to curl again during heat of the day, it's actually a natural water conservation mode the plant goes into if moisture content is low.

And for those that don't believe me..... lol

At the end of May our cornstalks around here were still only about a foot high. They are now 6 foot tall and looking good. I know the farmers are happy.

Looks like maybe a few storms along the leading edge of the moisture surge tomorrow afternoon
3k refl.png
Well short of the near 100 the Euro had
3k temps.png
ndfd temps
ndfd temps.png

But the Euro is still stradfast on 95+
sfct.us_ma (32).png

Last edited:
At the end of May our cornstalks around here were still only about a foot high. They are now 6 foot tall and looking good. I know the farmers are happy.
My corn is about 2 ft and starting to tassel. Less than ideal but I'm going to have a bumper crop of watermelon and cucumbers

Looks like maybe a few storms along the leading edge of the moisture surge tomorrow afternoon
View attachment 85473
Well short of the near 100 the Euro had
View attachment 85474
ndfd temps
View attachment 85475

But the Euro is still stradfast on 95+
View attachment 85476
Yeah I’m not buying into this type of heat tomorrow anymore. It looks winds will be from the SW as opposed to the WSW it was showing yesterday. This should mean a quicker moisture return and more clouds tomorrow afternoon. Most forecasts for CLT are now down to 91-93 tomorrow

I be we get clouds and moisture in earlier than expected. WOuldn't surprise me if places in Georgia and Western SC don't hit 90 at all saturday.
I’m honestly beginning to wonder if CLT might stay below 90 tomorrow. The NWS forecast high for tomorrow has dropped from 98 on Wednesday PM update to 92 on this morning’s. In fact looking at dewpoints already starting to creep back up just to the south

Back