• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

All in all I think the last few summers with the long streaks of 92-97 degree days and nights 72-77 have skewed the perception of summer. What we have had so far in June is summer to me. Highs either side of 90 with lows 68-72. When you look at the next 10-16 days we probably have a period of heat or 2 and a couple cool days. Much better than endless hell hot

Last edited:
Wow models really moving that landfall point and the system in the gulf as a whole East .. doesn’t even look to enter Texas now .. and it doesn’t look to strong either… will be interesting to track especially if euro solution pans out and we get some good cape on the NE side of this bad boy once it makes it over the Carolinas

I hope it keeps moving eastward, and yesterday's 12z model suite was a fluke.

The 00z GFS was pretty damn close to bringing us rain from it.

Your a big fan of dry hot summers I’m assuming ?

That's how Summer should be, IMO.

Daily strong/severe thnderstorms like in Florida would be nice too, but if that's not going to happen, then bring on the sunny/dry/hot weather.

IMO, Tampa / Orlando have the perfect Summer climo.

What the heck is with that dry spot right over @SD lol. My goodness I think there is something afoot there . What did you do @SD?
I just want whoever has the voodoo doll to take the pin out, it's not fun anymore. In all seriousness if the center goes to our north something like that would be likely with the banding to south and the individual cells moving SW to NE. I'd really like to see this trend south so we have a better chance at getting into the heart of the more concentrated rain and out of the tornado threat. The Euro is actually a pretty big tor threat for most of NC

Back