• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

I'm glad it's finally going to get hot for a few days. I remember way back in the beginning of May, Summer was going to set in at the end of the month and not look back. On the contrary, it's been mostly nice so far. A few really warm days will heat the pool up nicely.
Well we are AN for June

Wow models really moving that landfall point and the system in the gulf as a whole East .. doesn’t even look to enter Texas now .. and it doesn’t look to strong either… will be interesting to track especially if euro solution pans out and we get some good cape on the NE side of this bad boy once it makes it over the Carolinas

I'm glad it's finally going to get hot for a few days. I remember way back in the beginning of May, Summer was going to set in at the end of the month and not look back. On the contrary, it's been mostly nice so far. A few really warm days will heat the pool up nicely.
I also remember we were supposed to get this deep cool snap in the heart of summer last weekend but there wasn’t even a high below 80. It was supposed to be crazy , never seen before by some so late and cool in the heart of summer .

Well we are AN for June
This says it all for me … summer ain’t been nothing so far especially with how past few years have gone .. we’ve barely seen 90 degree days in some locations and we haven’t even tried to dance with 100 yet .. a couple upper 90 days are long long overdue by our standards .. it’s been nice and cool comparatively let’s keep it up 7209E734-6D61-4FB4-8B6A-F53E2D9DF8B4.png

This says it all for me … summer ain’t been nothing so far especially with how past few years have gone .. we’ve barely seen 90 degree days in some locations and we haven’t even tried to dance with 100 yet .. a couple upper 90 days are long long overdue by our standards .. it’s been nice and cool comparatively let’s keep it up View attachment 85387
I don’t mean you any disrespect but the man max for may is 92, for June it’s 97. We don’t even average the first 95 degree day till the second week of June . In all respects things have been advancing normally and we aren’t long overdue anything . I get the whole narrative painting though , that it’s supposed to be hotter and it’s not and the cool weenies blah blah blah. All that, but it just ain’t true .

I don’t mean you any disrespect but the man max for may is 92, for June it’s 97. We don’t even average the first 95 degree day till the second week of June . In all respects things have been advancing normally and we aren’t long overdue anything . I get the whole narrative painting though , that it’s supposed to be hotter and it’s not and the cool weenies blah blah blah. All that, but it just ain’t true .
In some ways, the total access to continuous data by the amateur weather community (and even some professionals) is often a hinderance to accuracy. 3 runs in a row of post-240 600 dm ridges over the SE, and you start seeing talk all over the internet of endless scorching heat and drought for months. Same with big blue troughs in winter. Fortunately, the extremes are extremes for a reason. And we usually don't get the extreme.

If we get through the rest of June like the first half, that's a win, IMO...although it would be nice to see more in the way of afternoon storms.

This says it all for me … summer ain’t been nothing so far especially with how past few years have gone .. we’ve barely seen 90 degree days in some locations and we haven’t even tried to dance with 100 yet .. a couple upper 90 days are long long overdue by our standards .. it’s been nice and cool comparatively let’s keep it up View attachment 85387
We dont live at PTI

I haven't looked at the data, so I wonder if nighttime temps are the culprit? Regardless, outside of a couple of days, it has felt pretty good, anecdotally speaking.
Pretty much the streak of 70+ mornings helped. It's interesting most days have really been been 87 and 90.

Back