• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

Yeah but as the subtropical ridges start growing and warming and the jet slows and moves north these heat periods will become more dominant
Yeah , I had a hunch June would have rather spring like variability this year. Similar to June last year , July though and august pretty guaranteed summer stability . Hope we make it out with no sub 70 highs this June as it should be on average !

The rates under these heavy showers are insane. Left my house and had peaks of sun. Got 3 miles down the road and it's raining so hard we cant drive over 35mph with major ponding on the roads.

Familiar places between the main rain bands

View attachment 84731
Those estimates are very robust in my area. That quick shower I received didn't cover all the roadway. I'd say not even .01, much less the .1 depicted here. I know the theme is correct because just to my SE I saw several cumulonimbus clouds at various times, so no doubt they got close to 2 inches.

If it can't be cold and snowy, I prefer what we have today. Warm, humid, tropical with cumulonimbus all around.

Back