• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

Meh, it'll be gone the next few runs. Every advertised torch hasn't come to fruition.
Good point, we've had some warm shots but the long range "torch" really has been muted as we get closer to verification. That's one trend that is different and hopefully will continue as we get closer and closer to climo favored time for winter weather.

There goes all our snowpack to the north and west. So much for that theory now huh?
It’s not gonna matter if there was endless snowpack from Canada to TN, those weak ass 1030 highs ain’t gonna get it done

It’s not gonna matter if there was endless snowpack from Canada to TN, those weak ass 1030 highs ain’t gonna get it done
While I know what type of post this is, fact is, if there was "endless" snow pack from Canada to Tn a 1030 HP would be more than sufficient. But I digress because every single person on this board recognizes your style of posting, which is better suited for the whamby thread. Since you rarely read PM's, I'm not even going to send one but consider this a public friendly reminder to keep appropriate post in appropriate thread. Thanks

Gfs basically gives NC a close call/borderline blizzard, looks like the storm the northeast just got a few weeks ago, still lots of rain but it was a step in the right direction

Shortwave has been trending more south, which bodes well for us, and it’s intense as it’s feeling that -NAO, this is just one gfs run tho and with the performance of it lately you just can’t trust it nomore one bit 48C415D4-4350-4B8B-BA4C-C7C5A29872A5.gif

Shortwave has been trending more south, which bodes well for us, and it’s intense as it’s feeling that -NAO, this is just one gfs run tho and with the performance of it lately you just can’t trust it nomore one bit View attachment 28020

Euro has this too but it’s a conus blowtorch. Another solid chance at soaker.

57290D52-857D-4774-AB48-0DD6517E4FC3.pngFFF612AD-15D2-4364-8BE4-13CD95559EFF.png

Euro has this too but it’s a conus blowtorch. Another solid chance at soaker.

View attachment 28021View attachment 28022

Well on the bright side the gfs shows this warmth around us, but manages to strengthen the storm to a point where it could give us extremely marginal temps for snow, very NINOIsh type storm we’re dealing with in December E1FE17C7-05D3-4AFF-A6E3-82E144C3D233.jpegE56A7788-A277-4306-AA91-EC7DF83E7F34.jpeg

Gfs basically gives NC a close call/borderline blizzard, looks like the storm the northeast just got a few weeks ago, still lots of rain but it was a step in the right direction
Yup, blizzard conditions for central NC at hr 186. I've been wanting to see a storm like this for years on the models. The 12z GFS run is indeed an improved run once again.
c29ee3f4521606ff451fea0911c9fd5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

You’d think we would be semi excited that a model is showing a snowstorm around 180 hours but with all the models recent skills ... can’t trust any of it ... maybe this one will have increased GEFS support
There already has been GEFS support for that storm. The GFS has been improving a bit over the past few of it's runs.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Well on the bright side the gfs shows this warmth around us, but manages to strengthen the storm to a point where it could give us extremely marginal temps for snow, very NINOIsh type storm we’re dealing with in December View attachment 28023View attachment 28024

The GFS definitely could be onto something. UK has deep cutoff in Tx with 50/50 low and ridging extending down from Hudson Bay.

74484120-AB61-42CA-9986-584DFF7B75DB.gif

Back