• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TD 16

GaWx

Supporter
Reaction score
The CONUS bulls got a big push at 12Z but it was from one of the much less trusted models, the Crazy Uncle ensembles. So take with a humongous grain of salt. Out of 21 members, 6 (30%) hit the CONUS and all as Hs, some likely majors: LA, FL, GA, SC, NC, and New England 9/25-8. The prior run also had a bunch of hits.

12Z CMC ensemble 282 hours:

BirdManDoomW

WilkesboroDude
Reaction score
95L bares watching but can someone make a thread for 96L because it could hit the OBX and is closer to us?

Meteorologist1999

WeathermanTY
Meteorology Student
Reaction score
Yeah makes you wonder

But it is fantasy land of the GFS not the most reliable

What may be of more interest was the end of the HWRF had a hurricane threatening the Antilles
I got a feeling the SE COAST needs to watch this one.

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see this get it's act together through the next 3-4 days before it hits a TUTT as its approaching the islands. After the tutt things may become a little more favorable if it's north of the islands but the overall development of 96L will potentially help determine track and intensity as it may leave a weakness in the ridge or have an outflow channel in 95Ls path. If 95L isn't directed OTS by that point it'll be a race between 95L and and troughing potentially moving into the eastern US. There are quite a few hurdles here but it's certainly worth watching

Tornadocane

Reaction score
I got a feeling the SE COAST needs to watch this one.
I have a feeling that system ahead of 95L will get pulled north with the trough, and the ridge will re-establish itself over the West Atlantic. If not, then this is going to be one hell of a storm for Nova Scotia lol. I actually think this has a pretty good shot at the Carolinas. This storm is currently worth 5 - maybe 6 - percent of my attention.

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
gfs-ememb_lowlocs_watl_42.png

Gefs has the members split around D5, stronger members then hit the eject button and go ots. What's left ends up here I believe none of these actually hit the US

Henry2326

Reaction score
12z ICON and CMC still saying no to OTS.....CMC in a big way. The question is "will the ridge build back after 96L"?

Screenshot_1631734909441.png

Screenshot_1631734946747.png