• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Sweatember '22

Detective WX

Reaction score
Football season is back to life, fall TV season is starting up again, and it sure looks like summer is gonna hang in firmly like several past sweatembers. Fire away.

Football season is back to life, fall TV season is starting up again, and it sure looks like summer is gonna hang in firmly like several past sweatembers. Fire away.
Maybe someone else should start a thread?? The last 5 months have sucked balls! Need some new mojo!
I can get snow in September, so there’s that, I reckon

I wished we'd get a noticeably cooler change in temps but that is just a dream. Every year it stays hot on through October. CPC shows above average temperatures on through November. They show the same thing almost every year. Frost seems to be coming later each year also.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I wished we'd get a noticeably cooler change in temps but that is just a dream. Every year it stays hot on through October. CPC shows above average temperatures on through November. They show the same thing almost every year. Frost seems to be coming later each year also.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Its not unheard of to get a big push of cooler air even as soon as 2 weeks from now. I've seen big cold fronts in Mid September where highs were in the 70s and lows in the upper 40s and low 50s with very low humidity.

So far, not to derail things, but things has been slow. Spring post March was tame, hurricane season so far has been tame. Really the only thing to make the forum come alive is a major cane/ Sandy or Agnes-like system hitting the continental U.S. and/or a big fall tornado outbreak. Lastly, a Dec. snowstorm like 2017, '10, '00 or a bitterly cold one like '83, '89, '00, '10 as bonus gravy.

Last edited:
Its not unheard of to get a big push of cooler air even as soon as 2 weeks from now. I've seen big cold fronts in Mid September where highs were in the 70s and lows in the upper 40s and low 50s with very low humidity.
That used to be correct. Growing up you could almost count on 50s by mid September. I guess that still happens occasionally but lately we can't even get below 60 outside the mountains before mid October anymore. Then it all comes at once and it's below average the end of October into November before the inevitable December torch sets it. That seems to be the cycle we're stuck in. I'd much rather like to see a below average September into the 1st half of October. A warmer November for a change and then flip to cold for December into January

Lol, 'Very Hot' @ 84. my FIL is moving here from WI this Fall. Boy he's gonna be in for a world of hurt next summer if 84 is very hot.
Wow! That’s some big adjustments! It gets into the upper 80s and 90s a good bit during the summer up here, but summer only lasts about 3 months!?

In the south, summer drags on forever.
What a retаrded statement. Seasons are relative—average temps in the vast majority of the South north of 30°N drop at least several °F from JJA averages by September, and cold fronts bringing temp drops are more common then. Sure, maybe the past years have been warmer than normal and your climate doesn't fit your preferences, but appropriating another climate's season timing isn't how it works.

I don't know if the GFS is on crack or not but what a terrible look going ito the second week of Sept on the 6z! Wowzers

gfs_T2m_us_35.png

gfs_T2m_us_39.png

gfs_T2m_us_43.png

gfs_T2m_us_47.png

gfs_T2m_us_51.png

FINALLY pushes a front through on the 12th and 13th but good grief!

gfs_T2m_us_58.png

I don't know if the GFS is on crack or not but what a terrible look going ito the second week of Sept on the 6z! Wowzers

gfs_T2m_us_35.png

gfs_T2m_us_39.png

gfs_T2m_us_43.png

gfs_T2m_us_47.png

gfs_T2m_us_51.png

gfs_T2m_us_58.png
When 588s are poking into Canada its going to be hot our best bet here is to drive a shortwave down the east side of the trough around d7 and cut it off over the regiongfs_z500_vort_us_34 (3).png

Last edited:
GFS pushing mid 90's and almost 100's again in the LR, AGAIN. Will believe it when I see it. CFS is nowhere near that bad in the LR and is very progressive with lots of troughs and cutoffs which is a lot more realistic compared to almost 100's in September.

gfs_T2m_us_35.png

gfs_T2m_us_39.png

gfs_T2m_us_43.png

gfs_T2m_us_47.png

gfs_T2m_us_51.png

gfs_T2m_us_58.png
Oooooof?

Back