• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Swamptember 2021

Sort of odd. GFS has been consistent in a scenario where NE NC stays under cloud cover and keeps temps down Thursday.

For some reason the trend GIF won't post. You'll just have to believe me or go look for yourself. I certainly don't trust it but it is oddly consistent.
gfs_T2m_seus_13.png
gfs_cfractot_seus_12.png

Attachments

• gfs_T2m_seus_fh72_trend.gif
    gfs_T2m_seus_fh72_trend.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • gfs_T2m_seus_fh72_trend (1).gif
    gfs_T2m_seus_fh72_trend (1).gif
Sort of odd. GFS has been consistent in a scenario where NE NC stays under cloud cover and keeps temps down Thursday.

For some reason the trend GIF won't post. You'll just have to believe me or go look for yourself. I certainly don't trust it but it is oddly consistent.
gfs_T2m_seus_13.png
gfs_cfractot_seus_12.png
12k NAM has this sort of look as well. This is not rain.
namconus_T2m_seus_49.png

The euro says what clouds? And while I'd usually be inclined to believe that solution, it should be noted RAH has lowered temps a couple degrees and introduced clouds/showers into the forecast over the past couple days.
sfct.us_ma.png

namconus_T2m_seus_49.png

The euro says what clouds? And while I'd usually be inclined to believe that solution, it should be noted RAH has lowered temps a couple degrees and introduced clouds/showers into the forecast over the past couple days.
sfct.us_ma.png
I haven't looked too deep but is the euro clearing the trough faster?

namconus_T2m_seus_49.png

sfct.us_ma.png
Regardless even mid 80s with these few points are going to be a game changer on how it feels around here … if we can get those clouds what a great day we would have82C43B2C-9097-46DF-9B9B-B6871E707221.png

Baking is relative. 80F would be considered baking in late September.
Sorry if this comes across rude, but do you ever do any research before you make statements like this? The average high on 9/30 is 78 in Atlanta, and 77 in Charlotte and Raleigh. 2-3 degrees above average is hardly baking. Two years ago the southeast saw widespread upper 90s in early October… that’s an example of baking though I don’t think what was shown would be nearly that extreme.

Sorry if this comes across rude, but do you ever do any research before you make statements like this? The average high on 9/30 is 78 in Atlanta, and 77 in Charlotte and Raleigh. 2-3 degrees above average is hardly baking. Two years ago the southeast saw widespread upper 90s in early October… that’s an example of baking though I don’t think what was shown would be nearly that extreme.
You're right, but that's way too many words for a Dewpoint Dan response.

Upper 90s in early October when the average high is close to 75 ? That's like the equivalent of a high close to 50 in early October. 80F may not be considered baking in late Sept but 85F certainly would be.

Upper 90s in early October when the average high is close to 75 ? That's like the equivalent of a high close to 50 in early October. 80F may not be considered baking in late Sept but 85F certainly would be.
Where in the world do you come up with all these subjective proclamations?

Back