• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to lie this is one of those be careful what you wish for storms. Best/ worst storm of the summer

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Whoa, look what I missed last night...nice, congrats!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just because this is funny to me and I'm not really hurting yet for rain and being surrounded by good totals helps I guess.... this looks like an @SD precip map (last 14 days btw)

View attachment 21496
That sucks. I think we have some rain chances coming up but I loathe the overall temp outllook

That sucks. I think we have some rain chances coming up but I loathe the overall temp outllook

Maybe the outflows will cool it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve already started looking at mountain hotels for winter!??☹️
Me too! My planning skills have gotten better as I’ve aged. I’ve already got a cabin booked for December in Gatlinburg and Polar Express tickets in Bryson City. Also going to the Braves game in a couple weeks. Booked that in March ???‍♂️

Me too! My planning skills have gotten better as I’ve aged. I’ve already got a cabin booked for December in Gatlinburg and Polar Express tickets in Bryson City. Also going to the Braves game in a couple weeks. Booked that in March ???‍♂️
Flying all the way out to Rocky Mountain National Park for Christmas. My four year old has never experienced much as far as snow but I'm hoping to atleast show her what its supposed to look like. Would of done NC mountains but can't count on it in December. I'll try around early February hopefully. Where do you guys tend to look?

That's not the Braves/Dodgers series is it? Sorry I'm a Dodgers fan and was going to get tix to one of those games but couldn't get the wife on board, plus I didn't plan well and the "cheap seats" were all gone. Lol

Not going to lie this is one of those be careful what you wish for storms. Best/ worst storm of the summer

Worst storm I’ve seen in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got lots of lightening and thunder and rain here. Under a warning, but nothing severe. Nice to get a night time storm!

I heard some thunder last night, but wasn't close enough to get the good stuff with this one.

But when did this storm happen? When we were not under a watch. Predicting who gets what and when with the thunder storms around here has been just as hard to forecast as the winter storms.

Flying all the way out to Rocky Mountain National Park for Christmas. My four year old has never experienced much as far as snow but I'm hoping to atleast show her what its supposed to look like. Would of done NC mountains but can't count on it in December. I'll try around early February hopefully. Where do you guys tend to look?
If your luck is like mine, the Rockies would be having the warmest week in December, ever recorded!

That's not the Braves/Dodgers series is it? Sorry I'm a Dodgers fan and was going to get tix to one of those games but couldn't get the wife on board, plus I didn't plan well and the "cheap seats" were all gone. Lol
We’re going to the White Sox game. We got some great seats right in front of the Chophouse. They are going for almost double the price they were when I got them back in March. Hotels are also much more expensive now compared to when I booked. We are also going to Six Flags the next day

Last edited:
If I’m staying a night or 2 in NC I’ll usually go to Maggie Valley or Harrahs Cherokee because those two places are “relatively” close to me and I can usually get a free room in Cherokee. If i know high elevation mountain snow is on the way I’ll drive a little bit further and go stay in Banner Elk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back