• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rain cold special
16686f269b049d520091bba96ba5a6a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It missed!

Sometimes I'm convinced that someone from RAH reads this board based on the language in their afds/tweets

Sometimes I'm convinced that someone from RAH reads this board based on the language in their afds/tweets

Lol was it the biggest "winners" comment in their tweet? I've often wondered if we have any TV mets or NWS mets that read these threads just to see what is being discussed, secret little trollers.

Lol was it the biggest "winners" comment in their tweet? I've often wondered if we have any TV mets or NWS mets that read these threads just to see what is being discussed, secret little trollers.
That's the 2nd or 3rd time they have said something like that lately. Might be coincidence but....

Curious to see how the disturbance moving through the mountains plays out early on, models not very impressed with this afternoon (especially south of 64) but they also aren't picking up on the showers moving into western part of the state. Could fool around with the temps and instability somewhat

Curious to see how the disturbance moving through the mountains plays out early on, models not very impressed with this afternoon (especially south of 64) but they also aren't picking up on the showers moving into western part of the state. Could fool around with the temps and instability somewhat
Rain along and north of 64. Next

Seriously though that'll be arriving around 12-2 we should be unstable enough to get something going. I mean you have SBCapes of 3500 agnes ml capes of 2000 across much of central and eastern nc

Rain along and north of 64. Next

Seriously though that'll be arriving around 12-2 we should be unstable enough to get something going. I mean you have SBCapes of 3500 agnes ml capes of 2000 across much of central and eastern nc

Just curious, wouldn't these posts be better suited for the actual August thread?

I had to help RAH correct a line in their afd
Minor tweaks for the mid morning update this morning to better match in-situ observations. Also some minor adjustment to the POP forecast this afternoon, highlighting the two possible primary waves of convection. The first will likely ignite between 12pm - 2pm across the central and eastern Piedmont as a shortwave continues east through the area. The second, likely more potent, will arrive later tonight, crossing central NC between 6pm - Midnight, which should have greater coverage and intensity in terms of Tstorms. Some uncertainty with the second wave, as earlier convection could help stabilize areas in northwest Harnett and southeast Wake counties.

I had to help RAH correct a line in their afd
Minor tweaks for the mid morning update this morning to better match in-situ observations. Also some minor adjustment to the POP forecast this afternoon, highlighting the two possible primary waves of convection. The first will likely ignite between 12pm - 2pm across the central and eastern Piedmont as a shortwave continues east through the area. The second, likely more potent, will arrive later tonight, crossing central NC between 6pm - Midnight, which should have greater coverage and intensity in terms of Tstorms. Some uncertainty with the second wave, as earlier convection could help stabilize areas in northwest Harnett and southeast Wake counties.

Yeah, if we get that first wave it could actually be better for us to decrease the chance of anything stronger later on. Usually how it works if we get some storms earlier on.

A few weeks ago I posted a graphic for GSP and GSO for the temperature trend over the next 15 day period. Here are the verification charts. Note the black line Is the recorded temperatures
GSP
GSP temp chart.PNG
GSO
GSO temp chart.PNG

I see my highs have been upgraded to 93-97, for the next 6 days, to go along with the 0 rain! Poopity, poopity, poo, lets go droughting bouts!
Poop me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back