• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the euro is broken with its 2m temps its got 100 Tuesday and 98 Wednesday while the mean is 92 both days. Maybe it'll be right and the mean will rise but that's a big difference

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think the euro is broken with its 2m temps its got 100 Tuesday and 98 Wednesday while the mean is 92 both days. Maybe it'll be right and the mean will rise but that's a big difference

Back in the big heatwave of late May, the Euro runs from 5+ days out ended up verifying much too hot. I mean several runs had absolutely all-time record highs of a ridiculous 108-111 in some areas! They, as expected, ended up 6-10 degrees too hot. OTOH, the old GFS was very close.
I realize that the FV3 is generally cooler than the old GFS. However, if the Euro is much hotter than the FV3, I'd go in between but probably a little closer to the FV3.

Back in the big heatwave of late May, the Euro runs from 5+ days out ended up verifying much too hot. I mean several runs had absolutely all-time record highs of a ridiculous 108-111 in some areas! They, as expected, ended up 6-10 degrees too hot. OTOH, the old GFS was very close.
I realize that the FV3 is generally cooler than the old GFS. However, if the Euro is much hotter than the FV3, I'd go in between but probably a little closer to the FV3.
I'd go with thank God (oops ... wrong thread) that May is so far behind us ... now if by the grace of ... (oops) we can just get through October 15 without a landfall ...

The wife and I go into Lowe's last night to pick up some paint, a few 2x4's and a handful of lag screws & flat washers. In the section with the screws/washers they have those plastic bags, you write the item number and the number of washers you have....I had 12 flat washers. At checkout I had 5 2x4's in my hand, so I went on out to the truck while my wife pays. We get home and I asked her how much it cost (I should've asked sooner) and she says $122!! For 1 gal of paint, 5 2x4's, 12 lag screws and 12 flat washers....what?!?!? I look at the receipt and admittedly I wrote down the incorrect item number for the washers and it rung up as 12 boxes of 25 washers (almost $6 a box). My wife was like, I knew it seemed high (seriously *face palm* lol) and she's going back this morning to get it corrected hopefully. But you would think the cashier would also know that $62 for 12 flat washers is wrong or when the register clearly showed 12 boxes of 25 she would've noticed. Not knocking the cashier but I learned my lesson.

The wife and I go into Lowe's last night to pick up some paint, a few 2x4's and a handful of lag screws & flat washers. In the section with the screws/washers they have those plastic bags, you write the item number and the number of washers you have....I had 12 flat washers. At checkout I had 5 2x4's in my hand, so I went on out to the truck while my wife pays. We get home and I asked her how much it cost (I should've asked sooner) and she says $122!! For 1 gal of paint, 5 2x4's, 12 lag screws and 12 flat washers....what?!?!? I look at the receipt and admittedly I wrote down the incorrect item number for the washers and it rung up as 12 boxes of 25 washers (almost $6 a box). My wife was like, I knew it seemed high (seriously *face palm* lol) and she's going back this morning to get it corrected hopefully. But you would think the cashier would also know that $62 for 12 flat washers is wrong or when the register clearly showed 12 boxes of 25 she would've noticed. Not knocking the cashier but I learned my lesson.
Lumber is ridiculous

I never let my wife pay at Lowes or any other home improvement store. I realized early in life that women do not know to look for those types of mistakes unless it's at the grocery store or shopping malls. Don't come down too hard on her.

I never let my wife pay at Lowes or any other home improvement store. I realized early in life that women do not know to look for those types of mistakes unless it's at the grocery store or shopping malls. Don't come down too hard on her.
When I first saw the receipt last night, without thinking, I immediately said "I knew I shouldn't have left you alo......" and felt those eyes and immediately recanted my unfinished comment. Lol

God I just read half of a story on wral and I want to off myself. That ---- is miserable

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back