• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be time to unlock the August thread. The models look great the first week of the month

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah, if you like chances of rain, and even chances of hail/damaging winds, this is it, actually how we get hail sometimes in the summer from these troughs that pass over with cooler air aloft (-10C at 500mb and 0C at 600mb) And with lingering instability and some weak deep layer shear 06DFC07F-FE1C-4812-9695-6610D74D4962.pngC22FE8EE-D62F-4066-899C-5095381FA9EF.png

Well, I made it to Vegas safely, and this is a whole new level of heat. The whole "dry heat" thing is real, but it makes you want to run to the shade. You will drink twice as much water, and still get thirsty in no time. Current temp on the car thermometer is 108. The wind is blowing but it feels like a blow torch when you step outside. You still sweat but you don't realize it because it evaporates so quickly. Oh, by the way, there are grasshoppers everywhere ..... all over the cars and buildings. Locals say they are migrating through here at this time of year. At least they don't sting or bite.

Well, I made it to Vegas safely, and this is a whole new level of heat. The whole "dry heat" thing is real, but it makes you want to run to the shade. You will drink twice as much water, and still get thirsty in no time. Current temp on the car thermometer is 108. The wind is blowing but it feels like a blow torch when you step outside. You still sweat but you don't realize it because it evaporates so quickly. Oh, by the way, there are grasshoppers everywhere ..... all over the cars and buildings. Locals say they are migrating through here at this time of year. At least they don't sting or bite.

I compared it to a giant oven lol

156af82129b9d34cbd04d85a4143542d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn am I glad to be out of Tampa and back to green Gainesville ... :cool:

Weather thoughts welling up all week, but probably best to sleep and filter before going crazy ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back