• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cc5b31dd0a8f5df4ee0a0e4610c83a50.jpg

Thought this was pretty accurate and funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong though I think that statistic Michael posted is still very impressive & showcases just how large internal, natural variability can be. Given the base state climate was much cooler in the 1920s, makes u wonder what we're capable of now. 20 warm decembers in a row inbound :(
Yep, there is no question we are now in a warmer base state and extremes in heat or cold will still occur but the overall average is higher. As to what is causing it is where the debate lies and this is not the thread to discuss that so let's just leave it at the first sentence of my post as we should all agree with that. ;)

Someone broke the hrrr
a301442c19b271db6d15506c6076c0cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Look how trash those mid level temps are between 700mb and 500mb, convection won’t be able to grow good for crap With such putrid mid level lapse rates, yay for the ridge and warm mid levels, maybe a area that would see much better convection is toward southeastern NC

Yep, there is no question we are now in a warmer base state and extremes in heat or cold will still occur but the overall average is higher. As to what is causing it is where the debate lies and this is not the thread to discuss that so let's just leave it at the first sentence of my post as we should all agree with that. ;)
There really isn’t a debate amongst those who actually study and actively publish this topic in the community, we know what’s largely causing the warming & it’s not natural

Look how trash those mid level temps are between 700mb and 500mb, convection won’t be able to grow good for crap With such putrid mid level lapse rates, yay for the ridge and warm mid levels, maybe a area that would see much better convection is toward southeastern NC
I really really don’t like the way this pattern is going, if we don’t start getting rain soon better get used to 100s this summer.

I really really don’t like the way this pattern is going, if we don’t start getting rain soon better get used to 100s this summer.
We win at heat and drought!! One day, we will get a cold shot and it will meet up with some moisture, and we will see the white stuff again?!!

We win at heat and drought!! One day, we will get a cold shot and it will meet up with some moisture, and we will see the white stuff again?!!
What ??? Snow doesn’t exist, your forgetting about Sleet, moisture+cold equals insane warm layer at 900-925 mb and sleet at 34 degrees

We're headed in the wrong direction here, we should consider ourselves lucky to have had all that rain last month.
curr.w.chg1.daily.gif

If things don't change soon, this area of abnormally dry & moderate drought centered near the lowlands of SC will expand further into the Carolinas, VA, AL, & TN
Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 2.40.20 PM.png

Scrolling through the thread it looks like @Tarheel1 keeps jackpotting. Hopefully we can keep the drizzle mojo going now that I’m back home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back