• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Look at that cost distribution lol

only problem I’ve seen with this ticker is that it likes to move premarket and fizzle out before the bell. Worth a lotto B13D1779-7BFE-46CA-84F8-737A61D9AE8F.png

DJIA/S&P/NAS: go baby! I'm a longterm general equities investor here and am loving it. I have some individual stocks which are overall doing well, but a larger portion is in diversified equity holdings via mutual funds. I don't have to worry about when and what to buy and sell as it is well diversified, not an overly large % of my overall assets (~1/3 so that any crash wouldn't be hard to handle and would be a buying opportunity), and dominated by more stable high quality stocks. Between that and the sharp rises in home values, things are currently going well from an investor's point of view as well as being more than enough to protect from loss of buying power caused by inflation.

Last edited:
If you had all 3 of the major averages closing at record highs to end the week even in the middle of the morning, collect your prize.

I figured they were going to end higher but I've seen the Dow pull back from the highs of the session quite a bit, even during good days and it initially didn't feel as if the Nasdaq was going to do what it ultimately did.

If somebody wasn't paying attention, on the surface it's like nothing happened, but that was a pretty crazy week underneath.

If you had all 3 of the major averages closing at record highs to end the week even in the middle of the morning, collect your prize.

I figured they were going to end higher but I've seen the Dow pull back from the highs of the session quite a bit, even during good days and it initially didn't feel as if the Nasdaq was going to do what it ultimately did.

If somebody wasn't paying attention, on the surface it's like nothing happened, but that was a pretty crazy week underneath.
Fed directly and/or its proxies continue to support markets. Why? Because the equity market symbolizes the health of the economy. Nothing else matters. Above the surface, below the surface, on the surface, it doesn't matter. This has been going on for a decade and will continue. Maybe if you get another black swan like Covid, things will change. But only for a while. It's really simple.

Two things that I'm starting to be suspicious of:

1. The growth stock rally was just end of quarter markups.

2. "They" probably have an idea that the Fed is going to announce in the fall that they're going to begin tapering in December or January, based off things that I've heard recently (the DXY has gone up during tapering in the past and the long end bond yields have gone down during tapering, and the DXY and long end bond yields are down today).

Fed directly and/or its proxies continue to support markets. Why? Because the equity market symbolizes the health of the economy. Nothing else matters. Above the surface, below the surface, on the surface, it doesn't matter. This has been going on for a decade and will continue. Maybe if you get another black swan like Covid, things will change. But only for a while. It's really simple.

Been a while since we've had a major rate hike. Really hard time right now figuring out where to place hard-earned capital. One thing, definately not in CD's or time deposits unless otherwise convinced to do so.

Been a while since we've had a major rate hike. Really hard time right now figuring out where to place hard-earned capital. One thing, definately not in CD's or time deposits unless otherwise convinced to do so.
I like Apple under $130 and still feel it will be ok over that. It just a slow stair stepper up over the long run

What Apple has done for the past two months is amazing. Shades of last year.

There will likely be a drop because of how hot this run has been, but that doesn't make it not amazing.

I remember saying in April that not much else is going to matter if Apple wakes up with the Nasdaq...well there you have it, it happened, just later than I thought.

Can’t. Lost it all in CATV this week ?
I now understand your investment strategies . Invest in totally groundbreaking industry changing technology like ..... cable . Seriously , it’s called “ 4CABLE TV INTL INC” . Come on jimmyyyyyyy! Gives us our money! I request a jimmy ban from this thread ! Now ! Mngrs . Hello is this thing on!

Jesus man next you will be recommending we invest in Enron!

I now understand your investment strategies . Invest in totally groundbreaking industry changing technology like ..... cable . Seriously , it’s called “ 4CABLE TV INTL INC” . Come on jimmyyyyyyy! Gives us our money! I request a jimmy ban from this thread ! Now ! Mngrs . Hello is this thing on!

Jesus man next you will be recommending we invest in Enron!
VHS manufacturers are the next big thing.

Back