• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

View attachment 85001

View attachment 85002

I'm fairly certain that if it looks like a duck, talks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...it's a duck.

This is the second time this has happened (you can see this in more than just this example, it's especially jarring in the Dow one, which threatened to break down just like it threatened to on January 25th before reversing). Anybody want to remind me what happened last time? Yeah, that's right, we had an "I like the stock" party a couple days later with stocks that aren't considered to be memes drilling 6 feet into the ground.

Edit: This will get even eerier if the Nasdaq can get back on its feet completely and carry the S&P to a record close this afternoon, because after that midmorning drop back in January, the S&P closed at a record.
What are you saying?

TELL back around $5.26 after a few slow trading days. This thing has been producing 6-10% gains on below average to average volume days. Get me there TELL!!

And down go the correction predictions...again. New aths wash, rinse, repeat. And MVIS!
That stock is nuts , it’s amazing a company with no value other than “ patents “ can be so highly valued . It’s still very much a speculative play not a play with any real value yet it’s share price is high! For a company not even making money , for a company that never delivered on the merger potential mind you or that big April release we were supposed to get! Lucky to those still in it I sold at 22 a while back.

And down go the correction predictions...again. New aths wash, rinse, repeat. And MVIS!
There is money to be made on that stock if you can stomach the taxes lol. I don't have enough in it to swing these ATHs and buy back in but those that do..... God bless'em.

The fact that TNX is DOWN today on the hottest inflation since 2008 is pretty darn nutty. This read was at least not a blowout like the April one, but it was still hot.

Fed sweet talk about "inflation being transitory" is working so far. We'll see if it actually is in the next couple months, if it is, then April was the peak reading, which makes total sense given what happened in 2020.

Repos spiked in the fall of 2019 and nothing happened until February of 2020, they're spiking now and you somehow have the Gamestop kiddies relating it to Gamestop.

Like what in the actual ****? Not everything in the world revolves around Gamestop and although this is for sure of interest...who knows if this is even going to matter?

This spike was funny when it happened months ago, but I'm long over this, especially with the way the people in this clan behave.

This really wasn't that great of a day outside of tech stocks but we have seen what can happen plenty of times when the Nasdaq decides to do this.

When it does, it's just going to hide everything.

I'm guessing that QQQ has a shot at $342 and then probably has a mild pullback before we hit July seasonality (which is apparently as good as April is).

Edit: Meant to also add this, now you have people saying that the VIX has been correlated to GME....jfc, because of how annoying these guys have been, I really wouldn't be bothered if they banned option buying in the meme stocks.

This really wasn't that great of a day outside of tech stocks but we have seen what can happen plenty of times when the Nasdaq decides to do this.

When it does, it's just going to hide everything.

I'm guessing that QQQ has a shot at $342 and then probably has a mild pullback before we hit July seasonality (which is apparently as good as April is).

Edit: Meant to also add this, now you have people saying that the VIX has been correlated to GME....jfc, because of how annoying these guys have been, I really wouldn't be bothered if they banned option buying in the meme stocks.
I wouldn't get too wound up about the GME homers. Seems unhealthy. Plus, what they say has little bearing on the overall market function. Besides, banning options trading on meme stocks is a bad idea.

I wouldn't get too wound up about the GME homers. Seems unhealthy. Plus, what they say has little bearing on the overall market function. Besides, banning options trading on meme stocks is a bad idea.
Doesn't sound very free market'ish does it?

I’ve been able to outperform the market by scalping here and there the last several weeks. Made $600 this week just playing EMA bounces with high volume small caps. I haven’t held anything overnight in 4 months. This is the way for now.

"They" tried to push down the memes at about 11:15 this morning and it hit the rest of the market at the same time...similar to what happened on January 25th, but less extreme today.

Yeah. I took this screenshot. 10:45am on my phone. What in the fresh hell is that outflow?

a00e9956deb3a0850f53d6350dcfb40b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I took this screenshot. 10:45am on my phone. What in the fresh hell is that outflow?

a00e9956deb3a0850f53d6350dcfb40b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if it wasn't as extreme as January 25th, that was still quite jarring to watch live the way I was watching it (through the sector chart), and I still can't think of anything other than it likely being related to the memes (given that their bottoms came at about the same time as the SPX spike bottom). I'm guessing somebody that has been short the memes was rapidly deleveraging at that point because there was high volume.

We didn't get a meme stock party two days later though this time. Instead they got smoked.

Back