• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

I did take some MVIS profits this morning. So down to about 50% of my original position now. I'm sure I'll look stupid in a few days but this has turned into a significant investment so needed to protect the gains a bit. Also gives me options if it actually dips.

Rough Numbers here but the last offering was on Dec. 29th and the stock dropped roughly 25% or so before settling and climbing back. So if we take that from the close yesterday of 23.72 that would put us down to around 17.80 a share before settling. Only problem is the offering yesterday was for 50 million, the previous was 13 million.
50 million seems like a lot of funds for a company holding out until April, so that may be an indication this will go on a bit longer.

NAKD will be in compliance at the close today staying above $1 for the necessary time. Do you guys think it will pump or dump on that news tomorrow?

This ain't good...Apple reported amazing earnings a couple of weeks ago and sold off since. It's been on this uptrend since March and broke this week. I'm not sure if it's rising interest rates but people have been talking about that being the start. All these large-cap growth names could have a healthy pullback. Apple is more of a hybrid though, it pays a nice dividend.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 8.52.44 AM.png

Think we have probably seen the high for MVIS for a good while. Feels like the entire market is ready to roll over. I think our pot stocks have gone to pot.

On another note, I have spent the better part of the last 10 days going through my entire sports card collection, dating back to 1991. I would open them and then put them back in the packs. I probably have about a thousand packs. I went through them all.

I found so many Jordans, Lebrons, Tom Bradys, Ken Griffy Jr.s, Kobes, and other insert and parallel sets. Lots of rookies from stars and semi-stars, including a Lebrin James, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Zion Williamson, Derek Jeter, and 2nd year Kevin Durant all in mint condition. It has been a lot of fun!

Think we have probably seen the high for MVIS for a good while. Feels like the entire market is ready to roll over. I think our pot stocks have gone to pot.

On another note, I have spent the better part of the last 10 days going through my entire sports card collection, dating back to 1991. I would open them and then put them back in the packs. I probably have about a thousand packs. I went through them all.

I found so many Jordans, Lebrons, Tom Bradys, Ken Griffy Jr.s, Kobes, and other insert and parallel sets. Lots of rookies from stars and semi-stars, including a Lebrin James, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Zion Williamson, Derek Jeter, and 2nd year Kevin Durant all in mint condition. It has been a lot of fun!
Haha I have been going through coins found a ton of silver.....Must be the weather(liquid form) forcing it.

I love it when you say this lol

For as much as I've talked about Tesla looking quite bad of late at other places...

Apple likely needs to go explore their 100 day moving average and then reverse.

Or the market is likely going to end up at least mostly at the old ATHs from early September last year.

Apple>>>Tesla in market direction, although Tesla plays a bigger role now and could potentially become a problem.

Assuming this theory is right, SPY likely needs to see 382-383 and QQQ around 325.

I still find it hard to buy that this market is going to repeat what happened in 2020 to an exact T, but could Apple be sounding alarms by losing it's long term uptrend path...or could they be spending the better part of a couple weeks selling the bearish idea hard before they rip the S&P to 4k or so, surprising some when multiple obvious fractals don't come true...then you see a move down to 3600 in March or something?

For as much as I've talked about Tesla looking quite bad of late at other places...

Apple likely needs to go explore their 100 day moving average and then reverse.

Or the market is likely going to end up at least mostly at the old ATHs from early September last year.

Apple>>>Tesla in market direction, although Tesla plays a bigger role now and could potentially become a problem.

Assuming this theory is right, SPY likely needs to see 382-383 and QQQ around 325.

I still find it hard to buy that this market is going to repeat what happened in 2020 to an exact T, but could Apple be sounding alarms by losing it's long term uptrend path...or could they be spending the better part of a couple weeks selling the bearish idea hard before they rip the S&P to 4k or so, surprising some when multiple obvious fractals don't come true...then you see a move down to 3600 in March or something?
When you have Biden flooding the country with more cheap labor at a time of high unemployment a recession seems likely. Long term recession. And with energy prices rising due to becoming dependent once again on foreign countries thats a tax on everyone. I dont think the stock market can keep going up with such economy killing policies.

You should sell the March $25 calls...premium is $3.70 per contract. Not sure how many shares you had but if you had a 1000 shares you can sell 10 contracts for $3.70 and pocket $3700 in premium. Get paid to wait and hold your shares.

I added 1000 shares of FRSX at 8.62 earlier. Nice channel to trade around now. A close above 9 would be welcome.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 11.22.41 AM.png

I totally missed the RSI divergence and would have sold covered calls last week to hedge. That was dumb.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 11.25.02 AM.png

We've already been in a recession, regardless of if others wanted to feel that way or not.

Why is the Tesla dip buyers club apparently freakishly strong?

Back