• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Hopefully this is true, but if it's not and volume stays low, I'll end up losing 0 on what was supposed to be a long swing (now actual supposed to be longs, I suspect will be hurting for a while)...

Doing my research and charts right now, expect one more sizable drop this week. FMCI should bottom out around $14-$14.25 and OPES will touch mid $13's again. Bash me if you want, but when FMCI was at $15.50 earlier today I said stop losses between $14.50-14.75 will be raided... sure enough an hour later $14.60 hit and the back up to $15.50ish. One more stop loss trigger coming and then the gradual climb back up officially begins. I'll be waiting for FMCI at $14.25 with a 10,000 common buy and hopefully $3.35 warrants. Remember folks, SPAC's are not a continual climb from the day LOI comes out due to about a 2-3 month merger process. Sudden surge which establishes a baseline for what to expect pre-merger. If this follows all other SPAC's, we will see $20 again once the merger date gets announced. Typically there is then 3-4 weeks between that announcement and the actual date... this is when the climb over $20+ begins

Some good is in stocktwits if you do some looking, but it's also so cesspool-y. Unless you're day trading or doing shorter term swing trading, the best thing to do is batten down instead of complain or say people are losing you money. You only lose if you sell. I can be impatient as well, but today I decided to take a breather on being so focused in, and although it didn't help my mood, it was for the good that I did.

Hopefully this is true, but if it's not and volume stays low, I'll end up losing 0 on what was supposed to be a long swing (now actual supposed to be longs, I suspect will be hurting for a while)...

Doing my research and charts right now, expect one more sizable drop this week. FMCI should bottom out around $14-$14.25 and OPES will touch mid $13's again. Bash me if you want, but when FMCI was at $15.50 earlier today I said stop losses between $14.50-14.75 will be raided... sure enough an hour later $14.60 hit and the back up to $15.50ish. One more stop loss trigger coming and then the gradual climb back up officially begins. I'll be waiting for FMCI at $14.25 with a 10,000 common buy and hopefully $3.35 warrants. Remember folks, SPAC's are not a continual climb from the day LOI comes out due to about a 2-3 month merger process. Sudden surge which establishes a baseline for what to expect pre-merger. If this follows all other SPAC's, we will see $20 again once the merger date gets announced. Typically there is then 3-4 weeks between that announcement and the actual date... this is when the climb over $20+ begins

Some good is in stocktwits if you do some looking, but it's also so cesspool-y. Unless you're day trading or doing shorter term swing trading, the best thing to do is batten down instead of complain or say people are losing you money. You only lose if you sell. I can be impatient as well, but today I decided to take a breather on being so focused in, and although it didn't help my mood, it was for the good that I did.

Agreed! Looking at the 4 hour chart this will be the 3rd time with this cycle. Only thing that gives me pause is end of quarter and holiday week coming up. Thinking 2nd week of July this starts moving up.

Even with the short term pain, this is a bullish chart..knock on wood.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.06.59 AM.png

OPES is the same thing...needs to bounce of $14 though. This drops to low $13's I would be really concerned.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.10.40 AM.png

I swear these shorts...was in on APT at $15.50...it opened about $20 this morning, I put in a limit sell at $17.49 and it tripped. Now it popped back up $18.50. So frustrating.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.44.46 AM.png

Good call! I guess your limit's hit and great timing. I had my buy order ready to go to add more when it breached $15 and then I blinked and it was at $16.

Good call! I guess your limit's hit and great timing. I had my buy order ready to go to add more when it breached $15 and then I blinked and it was at $16.

Nah it was something I read on Stock Twits yesterday (edit: I read for entertainment mostly). About 80-90% of that site is garbage but occasionally you get good info, and it looks like that chart reading was good info.

I'm still in too because I had my limit at $13.25. At least should be because mine wasn't market.

Edit2: Just checked to verify and I am still in. The next stop would be for a binding LOI to be announced and since there's a low float it could pop with that.

LMAO I went for a walk and when I came back we had gone from basically flat to up +220 when I was back. ?

I asked why and my dad said "Cause 'hisname' is #1". That is about as good of an explanation for anything happening these days.

VXRT...in at $9.5 for 300 shares. Geez I hope this goes to $15 today.

I think that one of the reasons the Dow has been struggling recently is that it is pricing in the increased chance that the Dems win the Presidency as well as the Senate based on recent polling.

I think that one of the reasons the Dow has been struggling recently is that it is pricing in the increased chance that the Dems win the Presidency as well as the Senate based on recent polling.

That's one reason why I think the defensive sector has struggled some as well (another reason is Boeing working on 737 recertification)...but what I find funny is a democratic takeover doesn't exactly concern me there for the very long term even if it might mean defensive budget cuts initially.

Edit: Should add that everything is struggling right now. I thought the Texas/Florida news came before the final bell yesterday (might be wrong), but the news is also hearing that the coronavirus task force is speaking again and talking about potentially doing different measures.

Last edited:
Back