• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Feels like to me that an NDX100 trend test for the 4th time this year is probably going to happen soon. A little over -4% was what I had hoped for in a cool off while it was running, and I got it, but I don't think it'd be having trouble where it's having trouble if it was going to rebound fast.

Would not be surprised if it was more than a trend test if high growth doesn't show any life. It's held well considering the high growth destruction so far.

Welp, I was wrong about the 10/14 gap up not filling in any of the big 3 until next year already...likely going to strike out on the S&P as well by next week.

The ARKK and IWM moves have reached peak stupidity, but I suppose that they are going to be in crash mode for the rest of the year and see 0 legit bounces.

Overreaction to omicron
I think Omicron was cover on Friday. Moat traders and MRS know that it's not a bad variant. I think the real issue is the coming around to inflation being structural and not transitory, like the were previously lying about. That will theoretically keep the Fed from running the presses at full throttle. They're going to have to taper and eventually raise interest rates if inflation continues to rise. Once we see dovish language coming out of the Fed, the market will turn back up. It will happen if we have a few more down days like this.

If $207-$208 area gives on IWM it could be small cap disaster. ?

Attachments

• 5E1F898B-9AE6-4B0D-896E-8BB3EF79BC0E.jpeg
    5E1F898B-9AE6-4B0D-896E-8BB3EF79BC0E.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 1
Friday was Omicron related considering the way that oil and yields moved.

Today? You’re going to have to explain to me how the continued high growth deleveraging relates to that Omicron case that was detected in California. The only thing that I was a victim in was Salesforce, to be transparent (I actually wanted another crack at $260 to complete my position that I started early this year, but -11% today gives me some serious pause), but it’s startling to observe from the sidelines and was going on to an extent today even before everything completely collapsed.

You can make a serious argument that today’s story was under the surface. It’s getting panic caliber bad there in certain areas.

Friday was Omicron related considering the way that oil and yields moved.

Today? You’re going to have to explain to me how the continued high growth deleveraging relates to that Omicron case that was detected in California. The only thing that I was a victim in was Salesforce, to be transparent (I actually wanted another crack at $260 to complete my position that I started early this year, but -11% today gives me some serious pause), but it’s startling to observe from the sidelines and was going on to an extent today even before everything completely collapsed.

You can make a serious argument that today’s story was under the surface. It’s getting panic caliber bad there in certain areas.
Do you like to talk about things with other people or do you just like to make blog posts? Just curious.

Back